Thiefs at Jo-Ann's

Old 04-20-2011, 04:02 AM

Great job..proud of you.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 AM

Really sad that this kind of thing seems to be happening more and more and it is not fair to those of us who have to pay for what they steal.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:31 AM

How sad that people do that. Although we pay more to cover their stolen items, they also suffer by selling their souls so cheaply.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 AM

Way to go, Texas Girl!!
I hope they got caught. But in the end, they will get their punishment, if not repented of & made right.
So many people don't think!!! About the consequenes or just don't care but they'd better care!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 AM

BRAVO to you, BarbaraTX
Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 AM

I don't know how people can just walk out with items. I would never be able to use the item if I walked out with it - it would be on my mind that I had not paid for it. Last year I participated in the Buck A Block program at our local Ben Franklin. One day I walked in, spoke with the cashier, picked up my buck a block in the fabri department, said goodbye to the cashieras I walked out. When I got to the local grocery store I realized I hadn't paid my $1.00 and felt awful. I called the store and told them I would be in the next day to pay. The next day the cashier and I had a good laugh over it and she said she was glad I came back in because she would have hated to visit me in jail! LOL.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
They hovered at some fabric displays near the door and when I walked out, so did they.
This same thing happened to me at Walmart, one year at Christmas time. There was a man and woman hovering near the door, acting like they were looking in the donation bin. I had a cart full of purchases and as I approached the door the man and woman went through the door just in front of me. As I passed through the door the alarm went off :oops: so I turned right around to have my bags checked. Nothing was found and I passed through the door again and the alarm didn't go off.

As I walked to my car it occurred to me that the man and woman, at the door, were probably stealing something hidden in their coats, (they didn't have any bags) and they used me as a distraction when the alarm went off. Now I am a little wiser and I'm suspicious of anyone waiting to go out the door at the same time as me.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
One day I walked in, spoke with the cashier, picked up my buck a block in the fabri department, said goodbye to the cashieras I walked out. When I got to the local grocery store I realized I hadn't paid my $1.00 and felt awful. I called the store and told them I would be in the next day to pay. The next day the cashier and I had a good laugh over it and she said she was glad I came back in because she would have hated to visit me in jail! LOL.
That is so funny!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 AM

I'm glad you got the license number. That was good thinking on your part. Theft is going to happen more all the time with the economy the way it is. It's not right and your are correct that we will all pay for the loss.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 AM

Good Job I don't know how people can live with themselves when they do this I would never be able to sleep at night.My son-in-law is a police officer and said if more people would do what you did it would help alot but everybody turns their back