Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For those of you with Kindles... >

For those of you with Kindles...

For those of you with Kindles...

Old 05-05-2011, 02:32 AM

Congrats Lady S! What a great announcement.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 AM
saf

Well done!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 AM

Congratulations! Now if I could only find it in the Kindle Store :-)
Old 05-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
P.S: What website did you go to? I was curious and googled my name and there's an author in Auckland with my name too!
I googled your name plus the word "author" and the first thing to come up was "What She Didn't Do" with a description that you write short stories and flash fiction, heres the link that took me to your pages:
http://idreamagain.wordpress.com/201...-she-didnt-do/

I used to seek/buy books for our public library system (I worked for a bookseller/library supplier). Sometimes our clients would hear of a new author/self published work or titles through small publishers and I would have the task of contacting them to purchase their books (sometimes in very good quantities). I was always surprised people who were good writers/had very saleable titles/had a really good little publishing setup seemed to neglect making it simple for people to find them. You can have a blog/website and get your name and work out there without compromising your safety/privacy.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
P.S: What website did you go to? I was curious and googled my name and there's an author in Auckland with my name too!
I googled your name plus the word "author" and the first thing to come up was "What She Didn't Do" with a description that you write short stories and flash fiction, heres the link that took me to your pages:
http://idreamagain.wordpress.com/201...-she-didnt-do/

I used to seek/buy books for our public library system (I worked for a bookseller/library supplier). Sometimes our clients would hear of a new author/self published work or titles through small publishers and I would have the task of contacting them to purchase their books (sometimes in very good quantities). I was always surprised people who were good writers/had very saleable titles/had a really good little publishing setup seemed to neglect making it simple for people to find them. You can have a blog/website and get your name and work out there without compromising your safety/privacy.
Okay, awesome. Yep, that's my blog. :)

Sounds like a neat job! And I definitely understand what you mean. In this day and age, an author really has to have an internet presence. If only just so someone can google their name and see what pops up. The publishing world is a tough one, but I think the addition of Kindles, Nooks, etc, is really nice. It really opens up the world of self-publishing a lot.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:51 AM

I think I might just have to get this book. Has peaked my interest. Thanks for letting us all know. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Congratulations!!!! Am happy for you.