Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Those of you who subscribe to digital quilting mags, >

Those of you who subscribe to digital quilting mags,

Those of you who subscribe to digital quilting mags,

Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Gannyrosie, I was looking for a way to have a single file with lots of quilt photos in it from many different sources. Someone on the QB had mentioned making a "slideshow" of quilt ideas to look through. I was thinking about creating a slideshow of "quilts I'd like to make someday" with one slide per quilt containing a photo and just a line about where to find it (magazine issue and page, for example). And maybe another sideshow of inspirational quilts.

Digital subscriptions are new to me. I just subscribed to Quilter's World magazine for one year ($16) and it is allowing me to download back issues from 2006 on in addition to the four for my current subscription. This is about 48 issues for $16! This is about as inexpensive as it gets, I think. As long as you are subscribed, you also have access to their search engine.

I saw a pattern for "Tequila Sunrise" on the Annie's catalog website. It is $4 for the downloadable pattern, but was originally published in the June 2012 issue of Quilter's World. I can extract that pattern from my magazine downloads and save it separately for myself without paying the $4. Figure there are quite a few Quilter's World patterns like that, so it will be a cost savings for me. (Especially since I am a victim of PAS -- Pattern Acquisition Syndrome. At least this way I won't have hundreds of pounds of magazines to get rid of when we move to our net house.)

Last edited by Prism99; 04-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.