Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread puller for sweaters and such

Blog Entries

Thread puller for sweaters and such

what is the name of the little thing that you push through your fabric and catch a pulled thread and then pull the thing back through. errant thread and all.
    i had one. i know i did. can't find it and my gray pants have a white thread on the outside of one leg.
    anybody know what I mean??
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I know what you mean. I can't think of what it's called either.

Edit: Okay, I got curious and googled. The one I had was the Dritz Snag Nab It
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Power Poster
    I keep a tiny lace crochet hook for pulling threads to the backside of fabric. You could just thread a needle with thread, come up from the back, loop over the errant thread and go back down through the same needle hole. The loop will catch the thread and grasping both ends of the needle threads, you can pull the loop to the underside.

Blog Entries
    thanks to both of you!!! I thought of the needle. of course i have plenty of those around.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"

I remember my mom had one to repair snagged nylon hose during the war when it was hard to get new ones. It looked like a miniature latch hook.

I have one in my desk drawer. It's called a Singer Fix-a-knit. I think a small steel crochet hook would work about equally well.
    “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~Maya Angelou.
    One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

jokir44, thanks for the memory. I had forgotten about watching my Mom repairing her nylons back in the day. Can't wait to tell my granddaughter and her friends this story about my youth. I can hear them laughing now.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Betty62, you may have to explain what nylons are first. They aren't worn much anymore.

I have a little one, called a "knit picker".
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    I did get one by Dritz from Amazon. skinny little thing.