Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Tin foil to block credit card scanners?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I think my .40 Smith and Wesson should keep them from trying something stupid like that. I can not tell you how many folks walk the other way when they see it on my hip.

Billy
    I'm with you Billy. I think if we all had a gun on our hip, crimes of all kinds would decrease. Think about it-- if you knew you would be killed instantly, who in their right mind would reach for your wallet/purse or threaten your family. I have taught NRA personal protection programs for women and taught them how to use a handgun. Please keep our right to bear arms alive. Remember if guns are outlawed- only outlaws will have guns!

No I don't think this is a myth a friend told me about this before I had seen it on here. Yes aluminom foil should work because it works against radar guns that gets you when your speeding. :) I know

Blog Entries
    Smacking my forehead....Tin foil nowadays is aluminum foil, I knew that but I just haven't downloaded the info to my tongue...
    I'm old, what can I say...:)

Power Poster
    Just about everyone in my family calls aluminum foil "tin foil."

Is there even such a thing as "tin foil"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Just about everyone in my family calls aluminum foil "tin foil."

Is there even such a thing as "tin foil"?
    not anymore, at least for wrapping food in the U.S.
    Maybe elsewhere.
    Foods used to processed into tin cans (circa 1950s and earlier) but now they're all aluminum. The British (and probably other English speaking countries) still call canned foods "tinned foods", I think, even though I'm sure their cans are also aluminum today.

We call them "canned foods" in Oz too, like you do. Aluminium foil is just "alfoil" as far as I am aware here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings
    We call them "canned foods" in Oz too, like you do. Aluminium foil is just "alfoil" as far as I am aware here.
    I noticed your spelling. Is that how you pronounce it there?
    "al-loo-mini-um", not "al-loo-min-um"? :)
    I'm not poking fun. I love hearing other accents. I used to travel quite a bit.

I never use my debit card anymore. I only use a credit card and pay it off every month. Somebody got my number from my debit card and stole every penny in my account. Luckily the bank was great. I figure if they are going to steal from an account they can have the credit card co. money not mine.
    Judy

Naadine we say it like this-- Al- you- min - ee -um

I have had my credit card number stolen while it was in my wallet, wallet in my pocket book and pocket book on my arm so the technolody is definitely out there. This happened a couple of years ago and it took over a year working with the credit card company and the local police to get it cleared up.

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh...that is just terrifying....not to mention a huge PITA to fix. Sorry it happened to you.

They did mention on the Fox news story that tin foil can be used but it's "not very sexy." Wonder if and Insulbrite bag in your purse would work?

Quote Originally Posted by pojo
    Why don't they go and get a job and work for their money instead of stealing everything that don't belong to them.

That is sad you can't have anything without worrying if someone will steal it even in your own wallet or purse.

Maybe someone should put some cancel cards in there they would get a surprise then.
    What I would like to say to your comment would probably get me kicked off this board. But I have to agree along with my thoughts. Jenelle

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramof6
    :D DH keeps asking if I want a pistol. I am about to decide for sure that yes I would like a pink pistol. :D Bet he will get some funny looks out shopping for a pink gun. :D
    :mrgreen: we still laugh about my big burly hubby shopping for Barbies for our 25-year old daughter (boy did he get some weird looks!) ... haa haa, if he's ever gone down "that special aisle" at the drugstore for ya, I'm sure he won't mind looking for just the right pink pistol for ya! :thumbup:

so now we need foiled wallets...

Blog Entries
    saw it in the news yesterday!! odd but true.
    still wonder about foil being bad for your credit cards. i know magnets are. hmmm.

Blog Entries
    does anyone know if the idsleeves can be slipped back into your wallet? would the card fit with the sleeves on them? i hate to order a new wallet.

Blog Entries
    no one knows??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4