Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titles with Some Detailed Information in them

Quote Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
    [QUOTE

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the need for a 'warning' of quilt photos, involving animals or children. Was this meant to be serious?
    .. no matter…but I LOVE your AVATAR! That sweet little one there is so cute!!!

Also, I completely agree about the vague titles. AND I'LL ADD another peeve….
    those who respond with very little content, or, something like,"Wish I could help (with your question) but I've never had that problem." ….why post, why should others be viewing your "nothing." This comment is not meant to be malicious, just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

I know where your coming from, but I think the responder is trying to be supportive.
    I've seen threads that were "lonely", and that's got to hurt.
    No, those responses don't help me one bit, but they probably make the Poster feel acknowledged.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boysmomoflabs View Post
    if I just hover my mouse over the thread title....I can read the first two lines of the post.
    This only works with computers. Doesn't work with my iPad or smart phone. And it doesn't help at ALL if the poster types a one-word sentence (such as "Help!"), hits return, then starts another sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand the need for a 'warning' of quilt photos, involving animals or children. Was this meant to be serious?
    I think the poster wanted a warning because if a thread is picture heavy, it can often take a while to download, especially for those who have slower internet speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    This only works with computers. Doesn't work with my iPad or smart phone. And it doesn't help at ALL if the poster types a one-word sentence (such as "Help!"), hits return, then starts another sentence.

I think the poster wanted a warning because if a thread is picture heavy, it can often take a while to download, especially for those who have slower internet speeds.
    That makes sense but wouldn't it apply to all pictures? A cat, dog, or child isn't going to make a picture take any longer to download.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    I wish, when there is a photo of your cat or dog or grandchild or child you would mention that in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    That makes sense but wouldn't it apply to all pictures? A cat, dog, or child isn't going to make a picture take any longer to download.
    I'm assuming she doesn't particularly care to see pictures of pets or children, she'd prefer to skip those threads and instead spend the time reading threads with pictures of quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I'm assuming she doesn't particularly care to see pictures of pets or children, she'd prefer to skip those threads and instead spend the time reading threads with pictures of quilts.
    There was mention of a cat curled up in a quilt, so I was thinking the objection was to animals/children WITH the quilts. See why I was confused? LOL
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    Absolutely!

And move all the games into a separate thread....General Chit-Chat is all games until you get to pg.2 (not quite, but almost)
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

If the title is too vague, I just float my cursor over it. You can read the first bit of the post that way.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt View Post
    And move all the games into a separate thread....General Chit-Chat is all games until you get to pg.2 (not quite, but almost)
    There have been MANY requests for this - but all have been turned down.
    I like the games, but one does have to scroll past all of them to get to other topics.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree!

It seems like alot of folks would appreciate a "game" thread....I'm not sure I understand what the problem is having a separate thread for that.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

I have stopped coming to the board as much as I used to...so I understand the frustration with subject titles. I was probably spending too much time here anyway. ( I kind of hate the '' Ôs it just me'' subject, but it's not really that bad I guess. I think because I was here so much and seeing that subject repeatedly, it kind of got irritating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2