Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tomorrow is the big day and I'm scared to death!!! >

Tomorrow is the big day and I'm scared to death!!!

Tomorrow is the big day and I'm scared to death!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Jo M
Bless your heart. I'm sure you'll only have positive comments, but if the dreaded QP show up, tell them that Little Man is the new Sheriff in town and all of your quilts have passed his inspection.

Enjoy the day in the same spirit that the quilts were made - Charity, Faith & Love.
I hope your not using "Bless Your Heart" the way feline fanatic stated earlier. LOL!!

Thank you!
:lol: :lol: I think it is a safe bet in this context it was meant literally! LMBO
Old 06-24-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by frauhahn
Can't wait to read your "success" posting-relax and enjoy! We all know your work is good!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 AM

You could always post a little sign nearby your stuff.."Quilt Police need not comment!".... & below that write "DON'T EVEN GO THERE!"...maybe this would help, lol...

Good luck with your sales, I'm sure you will do great, & be sure & let us know!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Jim

The sale will do great..you do great work...you have blessed us all by the inspiring giving spirit you have shown and others are being blessed by your donations of quilts and time for such a worthy cause
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 AM

Put up a sign "No quilt police zone" - just kidding. I hope that the quilt police do not show up - it just disheartening that someone would critize such an event. I think you will do great - we all have seen your work so I have no doubt you will sell your items. Good luck and let us know how it worked out.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
if the quilt police show up and open their big mouths, just ask them which quilts did they donate. That'll shut them up. You quilts will be just fine and they will sell. Its good of you to put so much time into a cause that you believe in.
PERFECT ANSWER!!!

Besides; it wont be the "quilt police" buying :) You do very nice work!! And I bet you will sell out!!
Good Luck!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 AM

What a great cause you are helping to support. I applaud you for the time, effort, and love that you have put into these quilts. Here is wishing you much success tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM

They will sell ! You will probably sell out ! If the quilt Police say anything , ask them where there donated pieces are located so you can see them. :shock: You probably WON"T see them. I always like to do shows with a buddy. Helps to sit around and watch the crowd ;-) You will do great !
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM

if i was closer i could come sit with you.
Tomorrow is the Tymeless Hearts Carnival to help raise funds for child heart disease. This is the one where have been making quilts for the last 6 months to sell and help them raise money. I have quilts, pincushions, tissue holders and misc. items for the event.

I'm terrified for 2 reasons.
1. That the so called quilt police show up. As some of you know I live right smack dab in the middle of quilting country. The quilt police are bound to show up and knowing me it won't be pretty if one of them opens their big mouth.

2. I've never done anything like this before! What if I don't sell any quilts!! :shock:

I'm very nervous!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Jo M
Bless your heart. I'm sure you'll only have positive comments, but if the dreaded QP show up, tell them that Little Man is the new Sheriff in town and all of your quilts have passed his inspection.

Enjoy the day in the same spirit that the quilts were made - Charity, Faith & Love.
I hope your not using "Bless Your Heart" the way feline fanatic stated earlier. LOL!!

Thank you!
ahahahahaaaaaa I was thinking the same thing!!! lol..