Too funny Not to share

Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 AM

this is way to funny...........but been there done that....
BUT terro will get them.....but the first thing I do is get some spray and spray round outside of your house.( I heard mulch isn't a good thing to have cause ants like it)
I spray around outside once a month during warm weather.and then Terro takes care of the rest.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:37 AM
T.

Yes, this is hilariuos. I have had ants problem too; ultimately DRIED CUCUMBER SKIN kept them away. We have a Beagle that would beat the ants to any of the poisonous stuff if it smell anything like food, or else, she'd sniff it & get an ultimate high :(
We have done the vinegar stuff and wiping the counter with those anti-bacteria sheets, and the last time, I put the cucumber skin right where we thought they were coming in, after we cleaned it up with the vinegar. I now have a few dried skin just sitting on the counter. We haven't seen any stray one for several months, or is it not ant season now??? Or maybe the cucumber skin got moldy & they decided that this house is too dirty and pass us up :)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 AM

My cheeks hurt from laughing. What a hoot! She needs to submit to some mag.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:45 AM

A classic. I'm still wiping tears of laughter away.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Oh that was to funny. My husband was even laughing as I read it. I hope you don't mind but i'm going to CCP and share this with some of my friends. SO Funny.
Your right she should have been a writer.

BTW has anyone tried Grants Kills Ants ant stakes. They are metal stakes that you pound in every so many feet around your house foundation the ants return to the nest with it and it kills the queen. One thing though suggested to me and it made them work better. When putting them in take a toothpick, nail, bamboo scur and kinda stir the stuff instde a littl to loosen it up, then pour hot water over the top of each stake to activate it to attract the ants. It helped us get rid of them at a duplex we lived at once in no time. Of course like most poisons I think they work better depending on the species.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Need to try and take covers off of outlets, spray with ant killer very carefully.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:32 AM
T.

I have heard that cornmeal will work too. The idea is that they bring it back home & after they eat it, the cornmeal expands and they explodes!

I also found this recipe: Here are a few of Jerry's tonics for critter control.
ANT CONTROL TONIC #1
4 to 5 tbsp. cornmeal
3 tbsp. bacon grease
3 tbsp. baking powder
3 packages of yeast (I would opt for the rapid rise)
Mix cornmeal & bacon grease into a paste, then add baking powder & yeast. Dab the gooey mix on the insides of jar lids, and set them near the ant hills.
When ants eat this mixture, they swell up and go to the big ant hill in the sky.
Some people suggest keeping them away with cinnamon. Got to try this one some time, because I like the smell of cinnamon. That explains it, maybe that's why I leave my dried apples (sprinkled with cinnamon out for days in the food dehydrater & have no ants ???)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:43 AM

My 87 yrs young Mom lives in a very old house...always has a problem with ants...I've tried everything to get rid of them for her...lol..EXCEPT dynamite...I've been trying to get her to move here with me because of her age and not wanting her to live alone...hmmm...maybe if I try the dyamite it will speed up her moving...this one was really funny... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi
Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Very funny story and I can relate. The little buggers almost drove me crazy. Finally changed exterminators and they found the elusive nest up in the attic. Who would think. That did the trick and have had no problems since. She might want to suggest that area for examination.

Originally Posted by debbieoh
Someone in one of my Yahoo groups sent out this email about her ant problem. I know the problem itself is not funny But her email had me in stitches and almost wetting my panties. Thought everyone might enjoy it. She should write books >>>>>
her subject line read.
Where can I buy Dynamite.

OK, now that I've asked for dynamite & got Big Brother accessing my computer and putting me on the watchlist for terrorism, let me explain.

Ants. They are everywhere. They are on my kitchen counter. They are in my laundry. They are in my garden. They are in the pantry. I've even found some on the sewing table. The are in the pet food. They are where there is food. They are where there isn't food. They are everywhere.

I went to the WasteNothing eList to see if they had ideas on how to kill the little monsters w/out using poisons around my food and dishes. It was suggested to use white vinegar to clean with. It was said that white vinegar would keep the ants at bay. So I bought a gallon of vinegar & put it in a spray bottle. I moved all the dishes etc off the kitchen counter and there they were. Hoards of them under the dish towel. Under the medicine tray. Troops of them marching across the back of the spashboard to their nest. Aha, the enemy.

I started spraying them with the vinegar, covering the counter with a fine mist. They moved between the droplets; an ever fast-moving line of dark red dots on my white counter top. So I sprayed more, covering the counter with a film of vinegar. The ants started to swim. I got out the magnifying glass & watched as they inflated their tiny little life vests & swam to safety at the edge of the counter, & off to their nest, where ever that is. (I haven't been able to find it yet.)

So I went back to my eList & reported my findings. "If the white vinegar doesn't work, try borax. A fine powder of it will kill them and deter more from coming." So I got the borax. In a quart container with a nozzle that "poufs a mist of powder." I misted the counter with the borax. It's supposed to be safe around food. I put a heavier powder along the edge of the counter/splashboard. I went back to check & they had tiny little skateboards. They were skating across the film of borax!!!

Once more I went to my eList. Once more I got suggestions. "Ants & other critters hate bay leaves." So I went to Wally World & bought 4 packages of bay leaves. I put them behind the refrigerator. In the cabinets. In the jars of spices & sugar. Along the counter top, on top of the fine layer of borax on the counter washed with white vinegar. Expecting victory, I went about my business. The next time I went into the kitchen, I brought my magnifying glass, hoping I'd need it to be able to find any of the offending critters.

But no!!! The magnifying glass revealed tiny little campfires built near the bay leaves. Pots of stew were bubbling and crews of ants were busy chewing off pieces of the bay leaves to season their supper. In a fit of fury, I grabbed a dish towel & plunged into the dish pan of soapy water. Dripping bubbles and soap, I wiped the ants into the towel. Clearing the counter of all the creepy, crawly critters, I felt a surge of satisfaction. In my hand were the offending creatures. They were inflating their life vests against the threat of drowning in the water. Tiny little Red Cross tents were springing up as they treated their wounded and those that had been burned by the scalding pots of dinner.

Without a thought about their families back in the nest, I rushed the towel to the washing machine & threw it in. Surely a cycle in the washing machine would kill them. Grinning with self satisfaction at having defeated the enemy, I returned to the kitchen to find the rescue teams on my kitchen counter. They had tiny little rescue K9s looking for the dead & wounded. Alas, and alack, there were none, but that didn't deter the search teams from swarming on the counter, looking, searching, covering my clean counter once again.

Deciding that my eList had plenty of "safe" alternatives that didn't work, I started asking friends. Sherry said, "Use Terro. That will kill them. You just put out a few drops & they come to dine. Then they bring the poison back to the nest, killing all of the ants." So off we go to Wally World again & we found Terro in the little clear bottle. Just to be sure, I bought two.

For the last week, I have been putting drops of Terro on the kitchen counter. Sherry is right. They came. They surrounded the droplets of Terro. They ate. They put up little signs that advertised the newest dining experience in town. More of their friends came. Soon the dining site became the talk of the town. Ties & jackets are now required. The head waiter has been building his bank account as "nobody ants" slip him tips to get them in.

Last night, they hired a band. They were so noisy, the dogs couldn't sleep. So of course, they came to wake me & I couldn't sleep.

This morning, I again cleared the counter top. And found their party is still going on. The band is still playing. The ants are still dining at the Terro bar. And more keep coming to the party.

So now you see why I need dynamite. Art used to say, "use dynamite" when I asked how to get rid of the ants in my garden. I always thought he was joking. Now I know he was totally serious.

--
Brenda in West Park, FL
Old 06-26-2011, 08:14 AM

I know her plight But my little buggers did send me a Thank You note for all the fine meals and menu suggestions for next weeks entree's :D