Too sick to quilt??

Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Feel better soon! Crud does leave you weak and just takes time to get back to full speed.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Wishing you a speedy recovery
Old 03-17-2011, 08:18 AM

hope you are back on your feet soon, I send you big hug and crackers and ginger ale....LOL
Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 AM

I feel your pain. This is my second day home with the bug. At least today I can sit up. Feel better soon.
Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
OK, I'm bummed. Tuesdays are 'mommy' nights, when hubby takes the kids to softball for two hours and I get to quilt 'guilt free'. Problem is, this week I was sick with a stomach bug in bed. REALLY sick. You know, nauseous, can't eat, racing heart, terrible headache. Blah Blah Blah. Curse this germ!!

Well, last night was the first time I actually got out of bed, and hubby wanted to take the kids to the girls basketball game and asked if I'd mind. I figured "Hey! I get another do-over!". I'm oh-so-close in getting to put my pieces of my first bargello quilt, and I should have time to get it done. So, they left and I headed for the sewing room. I just could not believe it, but after only 10 minutes I was so exhausted sitting there that I couldn't do any more. I do quilt on a treadle, but I never thought it took THAT much effort. How disheartening. SO I ended up sitting on the couch looking at my new Jinny Beyer handquilting book (which I LOVE, btw).

So here I sit today, back at the old grind of computer work and bills, and STILL feeling wiped out. Total bummer. Anybody else ever feel too sick to quilt?? Never thought I'd see the day.

Guess I'll go back to crying in my mint tea. My gut isn't even well enough yet for coffee. :roll:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Its a nasty bug going around! I got the flu ish illness and it took me 4days to break the fever and body aches! My hubby teased I must be REALLY sick, I didnt sew or read or even turn the computer on for 5 days, and even now I feel wiped out just showering and getting dressed.

Take it as easy as possible for a few days - you dont want to make it worse. feel better soon :-D
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 AM

Thanks everybody. Just found out that my SIL & Aunt have the same thing. Maybe someone was kind enough to share with us at the birthday party we were all at on Saturday night. How thoughtful, huh? :) I did get my ginger ale today, and ate a potato. Now THIS is a crash diet.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM

Glad you are over it.

Yes, I just got over the head cold from h-ll and was in so much pain and blowing and sneezing every other minute, that I couldn't think straight to do anything!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:25 AM

I had the same thing yesterday - my fever finally broke around 4 this morning. Today will be a low key day of recuperating. Worst part was I had to back out on plans to go to the quilt store with a friend - I was SO looking forward to that.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM

So sorry, been there, done that and the best I can say is, this too will pass. Eventually. Know it is a drag, but you have to go with the tides and before you know it, you will find your old bounce is back.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 AM

doesn't always hit when you really want to do something my leg is totally inflamed and I can't put any weight on it and I have so much to do. I hope you feel better soon