Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The truth.

The truth.

This is true in my house.
    Name:  sign.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  69.8 KB
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Very, very true....

When I clean my house, DH asks, "Who is coming to visit?"

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Oh goody!! My new mantra! Thanks for that.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Amen! I have to get busy cleaning because my DD and DGS are coming(in a few weeks). Take me that long to get scraps and projects off the guest beds. Gotta dig down and find them!!

In my home, a clean house means my husband cleaned it!

That brings a smile to my face. Definitely true at my house!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha! Sometimes my husband goes to the front door and says ``hello martha come on in`joking that martha stewart is there. This means that I have been crafting alot and the house is a bit messy!

Sometimes I look up from my sewing projects and am stunned at the cobwebs and dust, unnoticed while I happily stitch away!

Haha! Not necessarily! If the machine is broken, I cut more, so just more scraps!

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    In my home, a clean house means my husband cleaned it!
    Same here! But then he's an engineer and likes everything "just so." After 40 years, I agree--"just so" he does it.

that's why most of us have more than 1 machine!!

My hubby bought me a sign that says: "Organized People are just too lazy to look for things." Fits me perfectly.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    One time my husband said " I thought you were going to clean house. My reply was " I cleaned my mess the rest is yours so have at it." Same went for the time he installed my dishwasher. I was working long hours in the salon as an assistant (tired of behind the chair and cranky clients). Hands were in the water and chemicals a lot. Then to go home and wash dishes. So they sat there in the sink a couple days. He did not go without eating during this time period. He says those dishes aren't going to get cleaned by themselves. Wrong thing to say to me! I told him he helped dirty those dishes and if they he didn't do something about them, he could cram 'em. That was a Friday night and they still sat there (mainly out of spite but he had to open his mouth). That next day late in afternoon home from work, I walk in and he's finishing the installation of a dishwasher. He said he thought about what I said and remembered there were butcher knives in the sink and thought that would be a most unpleasant feeling. he never says anything close to housework at all anymore. He did mention one time as I was mowing the yard that I wasn't doing it right. I stopped and left the $400.00 mower sit in the front yard came in the house sat down. Told him to finish it his way. Haven't touched the yard since. They just keep on learning.

I am a VERY happy quilter!! I have a ceramic sign hanging up in my living room that says "I CLEANED MY HOUSE YESTERDAY, I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT." Perfect!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    This is true in my house.
    Name:  sign.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  69.8 KB
    That is cute...I can tellyou...you can have a clean house and do lots and lots of ssewing or crafting...it really can be done lol

Love this. It made me smile.

Make a quilt, clean the house, make a quilt, clean the house, I tell myself I can not start another quilt until I have cleaned the house.

Love it - sure is true at my house!

Some how I manage to do both. My Husband wouldn't dare say anything, after 51 years, he knows better.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    One time my husband said " I thought you were going to clean house. My reply was " I cleaned my mess the rest is yours so have at it." Same went for the time he installed my dishwasher. I was working long hours in the salon as an assistant (tired of behind the chair and cranky clients). Hands were in the water and chemicals a lot. Then to go home and wash dishes. So they sat there in the sink a couple days. He did not go without eating during this time period. He says those dishes aren't going to get cleaned by themselves. Wrong thing to say to me! I told him he helped dirty those dishes and if they he didn't do something about them, he could cram 'em. That was a Friday night and they still sat there (mainly out of spite but he had to open his mouth). That next day late in afternoon home from work, I walk in and he's finishing the installation of a dishwasher. He said he thought about what I said and remembered there were butcher knives in the sink and thought that would be a most unpleasant feeling. he never says anything close to housework at all anymore. He did mention one time as I was mowing the yard that I wasn't doing it right. I stopped and left the $400.00 mower sit in the front yard came in the house sat down. Told him to finish it his way. Haven't touched the yard since. They just keep on learning.
    Yes they do seem to learn the hard way don't they. This so reminded me of my hubby and I. I just love it when they open their mouths and we stick our foot in it, LOL
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    DH started vacuuming & mopping when my chiropractor told me to stop doing those jobs. Chiro is a good friend, so he accepted that. I dusted when I thought of it - usually when I expected company. A year or so ago, he decided that he couldn't do it either, so we finally hired The Maids. They do a better job than either of us, and it's worth it to have a really clean house once a month. Makes it easier to wipe up spills and keep it neat the rest of the time.

Blog Entries
    in my house a clean house means i'm in the wrong house!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

BCM
    Funny, but so true in many of our homes.