Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: TV shows Blacklist and Elementary

TV shows Blacklist and Elementary

Any fans out there?
    I like Elementary. I think Jonny Lee Miller is great as Sherlock. Took me a while to warm up to Liu.
    I started out liking Blacklist but, for some reason, I lost interest.

I love "Elementary". They have really captured the wit of Sherlock. And I like Lucy Liu as Joan Watson, she is quite a versatile actress.

Decided not to watch "Blacklist" because I already have too many shows to watch.

Since I like the various Avengers movies and really wanted to like "Agents of SHEILD" but it just didn't click for me.

Have always loved JLM. First fell in love with him in Eli Stone. Addicted to Elementary. And JLM make the BEST Mr. Knightly in his portrayal in BBC's Emma.
    Tenacity is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. -Oswald Chambers

Blog Entries
    Love both shows.
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

I watch both too, I have to watch Blacklist on my Ipad, my cable provider stopped NBC on our TV. due to the NBC wanting more money. So as a consumer, I pay about 5.00 of my monthly bill to have ESPN which I never watch, and cannot have NBC.
    Dyan

I like Elementary but find him hard to understand sometimes. Maybe it's just my age! I love reality shows like the Duggars, Long Island Medium, Christley Knows Best, My Five Wives, The Little Couple, Hoarding! Now when they do a show on hoarding fabric we're all in trouble.
    Debra

i love Elementary! my husband never got into it. thank goodness for the PVR! I am about 4 episodes behind on the blacklist. its not something i have to see. now Criminal minds....I have to watch. I love that show

I like the Blacklist and it just keeps getting better.

I like Elementary. I started to watch Blacklist, but lost interest. I love the BBC series, Call The Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, and of course Downton Abbey. The Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch is outstanding.

Love both, but wish they were on every week instead of skipping a week here and there. Even with a short recap it's easy to lose details.

Someone posted that they love Crisis - now I'm hooked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyan View Post
    I watch both too, I have to watch Blacklist on my Ipad, my cable provider stopped NBC on our TV. due to the NBC wanting more money. So as a consumer, I pay about 5.00 of my monthly bill to have ESPN which I never watch, and cannot have NBC.
    Wow..interesting about NBC.....now owned by Comcast...one of the cable providers here....don't watch too many of the programs on that station, but I do enjoy Elementary..although, yes, he does mumble sometimes..., and Blacklist is very intriguing....main man is quite appealing......don't watch any of those so called reality shows....just 5 minutes of fame for the participants, and way too phony!

Quote Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
    I like Elementary. I started to watch Blacklist, but lost interest. I love the BBC series, Call The Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, and of course Downton Abbey. The Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch is outstanding.
    I agree Sherlock--Benedict cumberbatch is very interesting.....mr Selfridge is also interesting..... Anyone watch the incredible dr pol on national ego....a wonderful down to earth rural vet.....unfortunately his son, a tag along, is a real egocentric boor

Yes, we love both shows. I am very partial to Blacklist though because I just love James Spader. I will watch him in anything. And I do love Jonny Lee Miller too, sure know why Angelina married him !!

Love both these shows, DVR them when I'm not home. Lucy Liu is almost always in black, grey and white clothes, anyone else notice that? Comments on it?

Love them both but really love Scandal, the new show Crisis & Person of Interest. I have to agree with institches33 that I hate the way they schedule tv shows now. You get a few weeks, then they're off, then they're back, then they're off again. Like Good Wife but until they revamped the plot line with killing off Will, I was losing interest, now I'm kind of back but we shall see. Am looking forward to the return of 24 & hopefully it will have some better twists & turns than it was showing in the last couple of years of the show. Does Jack Bauer really always have to yell at people ??? lol Hate reality tv shows - I don't find anyone's mishaps (& tragedies) entertaining at all. IMHO.
    Dance like no one is watching

Love both NBC's and BBC's versions of Sherlock. Started watching Black List and then lost interest but have started back watching it.

Two of my favorite shows, Bones and Warehouse 13 are in their final season. I will miss them when they are gone!

I love Johnny Lee Miller in Elementary, I like his facial expressions when he is trying to solve the case. I don't watch much TV. I hate talk shows. I do like Lets Make A Deal, Price Is Right, although I don't win anything I'm happy for the people that do win
    larue bonnoni

I like both shows. They keep my interest because of the leading actors. They are the best. Have you watched Sherlock on PBS? It is the best Sherlock series I have seen. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I love to watch all four shows mention. Like you, I will miss my SYFY shows after this season.