Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Twitter Shame??? What in the world?? >

Twitter Shame??? What in the world??

Twitter Shame??? What in the world??

Old 09-22-2010, 07:52 AM

it is against the law to leave any liveing thing in a car, we had a case in australia where the mother went shopping with her 2 year old strapped in the car seat in 100 degree heat, someone mentioned it to the chemist and he broke the window and got the child out, and gave him lots of fluids, but would you believe it when the police questioned the mother she said she FORGOT he was in the car, how thick can you be to forget your child. she was fined a hefty fine and her picture was splashed all over the news for days, so I hope she was shamed enough to not forget him again,
some people just make my blood boil
Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by litacats
it is against the law to leave any liveing thing in a car, we had a case in australia where the mother went shopping with her 2 year old strapped in the car seat in 100 degree heat, someone mentioned it to the chemist and he broke the window and got the child out, and gave him lots of fluids, but would you believe it when the police questioned the mother she said she FORGOT he was in the car, how thick can you be to forget your child. she was fined a hefty fine and her picture was splashed all over the news for days, so I hope she was shamed enough to not forget him again,
some people just make my blood boil
There have been several incidences like that here in the states. I am still wondering how one can forget a child in a car. After all the parent put the child in its car seat. Just an excuse to see if they get off with a lesser charge.
We shall see how far "I forgot" gets you when the judge sentences you.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
I'm confused. Sorry. I'm not understanding what you wrote that you saw the dog in distress yet continued to your car while watching another passerby show concern to handle the situation yet doubling back in your car to make sure authorities were on the way?
Twitter shame is the least the owner may face. I hope he/she was cited and has a court date. If the owner is willing to treat their pet that way, what must they do in the relative privacy of their own home. Yikes!!!
I was walking to my car first: I saw the lady staring at me as if I had my underwear hanging out or something. second: The dog wasn't barking and the windows were tinted a little so that's not the first thing I noticed. We basically crossed paths as I went to my car and the vehicle was two spaces over from mine, but I was staring at this lady just burning holes through me and then I noticed the situation. Sorry I didn't clarify - And I do hope the owner got cited. She said she was going to stay and wait for the authorities, she noticed it reported it, i really had nothing to do with it unless she wasn't going to stay then I would have stayed and definitely waited for the cops to show. if I stayed and waited for everything that concerned me on the street i would never make it home, but some situations are more important than others this being one of them. I was just wondering about the twitter shame thing, I had never heard of that before. I stated if I were the person being shamed I'd be mad, but i think I'd be mad at myself b/c it would've been my own fault and maybe that's the lesson she was trying to convey. i hope so.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM

I'm glad you were there and were concerned too, enough to do something and also for the other person to get involved. Of course we can't solve the world's problems but we sure can make a difference one day at a time. Kudos to you!

Like you, I'm not on Twitter or anything and if that can be used to raise awareness and draw attention to being responsible and accountable, I'm all for that.

Thank you too so much for clarifying that. :-)
Old 09-23-2010, 02:12 AM

Oh absolutely :) i don't twitter, but I had my cell phone ready if she wasn't going to make that call.
btw i love your signature!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 AM

That poor dog couldn't help himself. It's called cruelty to animals and he/she should have been fined.
Dodee
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 AM

That poor dog couldn't help himself. It's called cruelty to animals and he/she should have been fined heavily.
Dodee