Two questions please

Old 03-11-2011, 09:23 AM

Is anyone else annoyed with the "moving" pictures that appear on the newsletter. I have an older computer and it seems to take a long time waiting for those advertisements to load before I can start reading.

I had a pattern sent in an email and of course deleted it. It was from a quilting company and featured a stained glass angel with a horn. It was the reverse applique technique and I wanted to send for it but of course hit the delete instead. She's wearing a dark purple dress with a light blue sky behind her and white wings. Anyone have that pattern?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Hi Roberta - depending on what browser you are using you can disable moving or "Flash" ads so they don't come in. I have dialup in VT so I have to do that otherwise it would take forever. I would recommend going to www.ehow.com and search "disable flash ads" and pick the result that matches your browser and OS. Good luck. Can't help with the pattern, sorry.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 AM

Roberta, Did you also delete the 'delete' area in your e-mail? Until that area is deleted from your computer you have a second chance to find things. I have hotmail and it is on the left hand side. Click on 'deleted' and all the letters you deleted will be there. In gmail it is under 'Trash'. Most delete what you put there on a regular basis, but unless it was months ago it may still be there.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Hi Roberta - depending on what browser you are using you can disable moving or "Flash" ads so they don't come in. I have dialup in VT so I have to do that otherwise it would take forever. I would recommend going to www.ehow.com and search "disable flash ads" and pick the result that matches your browser and OS. Good luck. Can't help with the pattern, sorry.
I love how I learn new stuff everyday on this board. Thanks for helping me with those annoying ads. :)
Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 AM

'Trash' will get you to deleted items in Yahoo mail, too.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:34 PM

I tried the several replies for my question and on one, I guess I'll just have to put up with the video's loading on the Board page and, being a good girl I always delete my "delete" file after viewing for the day. Well let's just say I'm learned my lesson and will keep them for at least a week from now on.

Thanks for all the suggestions.