Unusual Names

Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM

My great niece is Onaly.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM

My middle name is Jennibee. I'm the only one I know.

I have aunts named Lila Elidiva and Millie Erie Dean. I'm pretty sure my Mamaw lost her mind when she picked those names!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 PM

Mothers name is Philomena. Everyone called her Phil. She made us all promise to NEVER name one of our children after her. Some promises to our mothers are easier to keep than others. This one was a cinch. Sorry mom for all the others I broke!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

I have aunts named Lila Elidiva and Millie Erie Dean. I'm pretty sure my Mamaw lost her mind when she picked those names!
Hilarious!! lol
My favorite aunt is Lillian and she hates it! :D
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM

I named my daughter Emmalee. There are a lot of Emilys out there, but very few Emmalees. I thought she would hate me for spelling it differently, but she said she likes being different.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

We gave our youngest daughter a unique spelling, Carlye (pronounced Car-lee) ~ it is always misspelled. She likes "being different"... my younger cousin just had his first child, and named her Seraphine (its a musical instrument)

BTW my mom was a Sue (Susan / knows as Suzy-Q when she had her ceramics shoppe when I was a kid)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Mine is Dorene. I've only meet maybe 5 or 6 others with the same name. My Mom is Phebe and my aunt is Aletha. My family was into different names as well.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

No, no, your mother did not lose her mind. This woman's mother lost her mind. Several years ago I worked in a prison outside of Baltimore, MD. One of the inmates I was responsible for had a mother named Urethra (yes, just like the end of the urinary tract). :shock: I kept calling her Mrs. W. no matter how many times she asked me to call her by her first name. Being a nurse I just couldn't do it. :oops:
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 PM

I was named after a Great Aunt her name was Golddean, then along came my Cousin Earldean, and then came along my Uncle Darrelldean, and then I came along and they named me Donnadean, then Darrelldean had a daughter and they call her Belindadean....LOL do you think we have enough names with dean in them...
Also my Oldest Son.. I named Billy Wesley and he named his 3 sons.. Dalton Wesley Blansett, Devon Weston Blansett, and Dawson Wade Blansett. He named his 3 girls..

oldest is...Brezze Lavalla Marie Blansett..second girl is Britton Renae Blansett (I think...oh shoot I can't remember her middle name.) and the 3 GD is Braelyn Blansett and I can't remember hers either...LOL

Then my youngest son is Tinker Wayne Blansett (I named him after OU Football player Steve Ownens Brother Tinker Ownens.)

My Sister name is odd name I've only ran in two other ladies that had the same name in 55 years and hers was Shirlene

Man it sucks getting old I can't remember anything anymore.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM

My grandmothers name was Olive. She always said, "Of all the names they could have picked...why did they have to name me after a pickel?!"