Unusual Names

Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Is Onalee french my cuz named her dd Onarai long O--my Gr.Dads and older bro are Normel Eugene -I"m the only Dawn I know whose mid/name isn"t Marie -a gr.unc named Wilmoth-and worst of all a granny named Cleopatra Ana-yuk- my fav is a niece Jade Marie.(she "s better known as Abby Normel)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

I don't know anyone named Onalee, but it is a beautiful name. My real name is Tiny. Everyone thinks that it is my nickname. One time, I had to show someone my license because they didn't believe me. I have only met one other person who has my same first name. Would you believe that we live in the same small town in South Carolina? Her middle name is Jacqueline and mine is Anne. What a coincidence, huh?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:22 PM

In mid 80's I met lady named "ZELDA" while visiting at Ft Myers Beach --I remembered that her husband had a very unusual name too. Never heard it before or after.

Have 2 friends up north called -Ione pronouned " I own"
other friend is Donelda with her gd Ronelda nicknamed
Ronnie -11 yr old girl
My friend in Rome GA was one of 17 chlldren and all had unusual names starting with a "G" like Genette.

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
My grandma's name was Zelda and my other grandma was Josephine. My name is Dawne, different spelling of Dawn.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
My daughter is Caitrin (Kay-trin--short i) and people are always messing it up. She said she's going to start saying everyone's name wrong--LOL. We have granddaughters named Oriana (Oh.ree.ah.nah) and her little sister, Talia (Tal.yuh). Great grandmother was Flora Evelena. She preferred to be called Lena. I have a niece named Hallie (Hal.lee) I have a cousin named Kami. Some of the cousins have combined middle names such as Jaime GlaNel--grandmothers Gladys and Nelda. I know her sisters have odd middle names also but I can only remember hers right now.
My name is Halcyon, but my nickname is Hallie.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM

My granddad was Oscar Pauline, my name is Julia Mae, my sons are Jeremy Dawson and Nicholas Wyatt (both middle names are family names), my grandson's are Barrett Dawson and Branson Kolby. I had never heard of anyone being named either of the grandson's names and it took getting used to, but now I love them. Also have g-son Austin Nicholas.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
Don't know anyone by the name of Onalee but it is a very nice name, I really think it is unique. My name is Virginia and I know that is not an unusual name, but I sure don't like it. My parents called me Ginny for short and of course when you tell people what your name is they either call me Jenny or when they need to spell my name and I spell it for them they always spell it with a J in the front. Drives me insane.
I feel your pain. Ever see how many ways people can mangle Kelly? We won't even talk about my last name, or maiden name, no one can spell them anyway.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Our great granddaughter is Nevaeh -backward Heaven. When her brother was born, everyone asked if his name would be LLEH. haha. Nevaeh's mom is Season. We have had Danish grandparents named Flossy and Ollie and Ida (pronounced Eeda)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 PM

oh my goodness, I worked with a woman with your name way back in the70 -80s in NY I think it was Onalee Van Buren. I never heard that name before. sharet
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 PM

I also worked w/ a girl named Q, thats all, just a Q for a first name, share t
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM

Hey I just remembered - I knew some kids at school that were twin boys. The parents named them Dean A and Dean B. Isn't that the dumbest thing?