Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
update from Adriansmom(Arron) >

update from Adriansmom(Arron)

update from Adriansmom(Arron)

Old 03-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Ok first off a huge thank you to everyone on here!!!!!

Cathy is not feeling the greatest at the moment and asked me to type out an up-date for everyone,

Cathy broke her left foot(hair-line fracture) and severely sprained the right foot! She was admitted to the hospital on Friday for it. She is doing all-right but is in alot of pain at the moment. She has a VERY VERY low tolerance for pain. She is grateful for all that has been offered!!!!!!! And is glad to be part of such a grouping!!!!

Monday we call the company that has the policy for the house and get them rolling. It is all in their hands, and I am not worrying about it!!!! They are pretty much in charge of the show at this point in time. After a;; what do we have to loose in regards to that??? So we find a new place and start over...Big Hairy DEAL!!!!! I can do that, and i will lead them through to the better side of things like I always have tried to do.

I have all-ready contacted the Red Cross and received emergency funding for some clothes and food and to refill her pills. After all I have been donating to the UnitedWay of the MidLands for several years now. I needed a good tax write off and they seem to do good things with the funding they get here locally. And some family and long time friends have given donations and Adrian's babysitter is starting to ask about setting up a fund raiser for us!!!!! My cousin brought over some clothes for MunchkinMan and some "toys" and a few shirts for me. And some relatives have allready offered new furnishings.

For now we would ask that folks hang onto things for us. Yes we do not really have a place to store things at the moment but we should have a new place shortly!!!! Our house is un-livable for the time being. And we are at my parents house for now and we want to be good "guests." HE HE HE!!!! HA HA!! Thanks for those items offered and all ready set to be sent!!!!!

I did find Rudy!!!!!! I walked up the hill to where I thought I had seen his eyes the night of the fire and was calling for him and walked back to the area I seen them(eyes) and called his name and whistled and he meowed back at me and I called him again and whistled to get a "fix" on his position and then seen him huddled up against a shed. He knew me but did not want to leave the side of that shed!!! HA HA HA!!! He was cold and went and smelled of smoke, but was very much OK!!! He is staying with one of Cathy's oldest friends. Lacey came out the front door with Cathy and is staying with the neighbor right across the street for now. We will get her shortly and most likely have to put her in a kennel for a short time. She will hate that!!!! She is pretty much and old house dog now! HA HA HA!!

Again thanks for the wishes and sentiments on Sasha and Misha. My buddies over at Huntingnut.com have been raising a glass or in the case of a guy from Oz(Austrailia) a pint to them in respect. He really likes it when he gets a request to drink a beer! He is good people; and from some of the comments I am seeing on here so are ya' all!!!!! Thanks from a not so much Red-Neck Factory Rat Line Animal!!! Arron Smith (Cathy's worse half)
Old 03-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the update. Please, please, be sure and let us know when and how we can help out.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

I hope you find a house soon and everything works out well with the insurance. You all are still in my prayers.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Oh and should have all so said a grateful and once again humbled man!!!! Thanks You can also find me on Facebook under my name in the Omaha Network, just in case some one would like a personal contact information. Kisy make sure I know you are from this place. I get ads for naked women once in awhile! HA HA HA HA!!!!!! They always make me laugh after I go WHOA!!!! HA HA HA!!!! BY ya' all!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:36 PM

So happy to hear that Rudy was found and safe! All will be well in time. Keep the faith and let us know when and what would be useful when you are set up again.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM

I'm so, so sorry for everything you are going through. My daughter and son-in-law lost everything they had in a fire when my daughter had just 8 weeks to go with her first pregnancy (then the baby arrived two weeks later while they were still homeless). There's so much to work out after a fire and there will be many phases to work through, just as happens after any traumatic experience. It will take a while but you will get through this. Just keep hanging in there and hug your family. I send my hugs and best wishes to you all!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by adriansmom
So we find a new place and start over...Big Hairy DEAL!!!!! I can do that, and i will lead them through to the better side of things like I always have tried to do.

Arron Smith (Cathy's worse half)
Somehow - I have a hard time believing the signature - from the looks of it you're a pretty good guy.

Best wishes to Cathy for a speedy recovery. SOOOOO glad you found the little furry guy.

Hang in there - better times are ahead.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

Hope everything works out for you guys soon. Glad you found your furpet. :thumbup:
Old 03-13-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the update. I hope Cathy's pain lets up soon. I am so glad you found your missing fur baby.

I don't think you sound like her worse half, I think you sound like an ok guy!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 PM

So glad the remaining animals are ok. Tell Cathy we are glad nothing more serious went on with her. Thanks for keeping us updated.