Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday >

UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday

UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Power Poster

Poor puppy, looks sad. Hope his family or you will find/keep him.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

:thumbup: Yes "Buddy" will have a permanent home here to live out the rest of his days if we can not find his parents. :thumbup:

At this very moment he has found a new sleeping place on the footon (sp) in the spare room. My daugher-in-law is trying hard not to get too attached in case we find his parents but somehow I am not sure that is gonna happen in either case. :)
Old 04-21-2011, 02:53 AM

I got a robo call yesterday in our area and maybe you have the same abt a lost dog and who to contact...also listed a website called "Lostmydoggie.com...maybe you can use this site to post him?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 AM

thanks for keeping us updated on him!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM

On his tags is there a vets office phone number? you might be able to track down his owner with the tags. We have a dog that comes to you house once a year and that is how we tracked down his owners even though the tags were from 50 miles away! The owners relocated here and the vet knew who we were talking about and called the owners and had them call us. Rocky was safe at home within the same day.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 AM

He is precious and bless you for taking him. I haven't read all the posts here so maybe it was already mentioned. Have you tried calling local vets to see if anyone is searching for him? Maybe someone has posted a 'missing dog' ad in craigslist?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 AM

I assume he is not microchipped. The numbers are stored in a national database. I recently had 2 new collar tags made for our 2 dogs. Our old phone number was on them and one tag was worn to a point where you could not read the info. We were traveling the next week and I did not want to take any chance on identifying my furbabies just in case they got loose.
sandy
Old 04-21-2011, 04:13 AM

If your vet doesn't have the technology to scan Buddy for a microchip perhaps your county or city animal shelter has it. I have a friend who managed to fall in love with a foundling and waited for more than a month to do that and sure enough, found the bereaved owners. Both of my brats have them, one in the ear and the other, a foundling, has one between his shoulders that I had placed there. I also have my name and phone # on metal plates riveted to their collars.

In any case, good luck in your endeavors finding the owners or keeping him. I know I could never foster dogs; I'd end up with ten of them because I couldn't part with them.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:18 AM

Buddy is so lucky that he found you. He still looks a bit sad but I think he will soon realize that someone really nice wants to care for him and he will get that doggy smile that happy dogs get.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 AM

Buddy is so lucky you found him.