Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday >

UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday

UPDATE on Lost Pup I found Sunday

Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Buddy looks so sad!! Could use a Easter Basket.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM

It is a shame, older dogs do get dumped. I am thinking that the way the economy is there will probably be an increase in this area.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Well, here is a picture of "Buddy" this evening. He seems to have settled in here. My luck we will get very attached to him and then find his parents. But then he would be a happy pup.
Ad runs tomorrow so hopefully his parents will be looking for it. I also road around my area to see if anyone put up flyers but did not see any. I know if it were my dog I would have flyers on every corner thru out the whole town.
Did you try calling the pound and letting them know, in case the owners call them?
Yes, that was the first thing I did. So far no phone calls.. :(
Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 AM

I have a feeling the owner will not show up. Sad to say, may people take an aging dog and just drop it off someplace because they can't afford to care for them or they want a younger dog.

Bless you for taking him in and trying to find his owner but I think he's yours to keep. He's an adorable little guy.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Banned

you are an angel, I have just taken in two oldies ETS of 11/13 , they are agile for their age AND steal/shred, do like oldies they have such characters.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

what ever happened to this old guy???
Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

He is now in a happy home with a neighbor down the street from us. My very protective dog finally got tired of having him around and they got into a bit of a scuffle, no worries neither was hurt but she went after him for just trying to lay next to me. So our neighbor said she would be more than happy to take him so he is doing well.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

ah, never found his family....he was dumped I am sure...glad someone other than the pound found him....

HUGS
Old 05-05-2011, 06:29 PM

One sees a fair number of dumped hounds during bear hunting season around here. The animal shelter workers tell me that hound owners (some of which have spent in excess of $2000 on a dog) never call the shelter about lost dogs. I wonder why an owner who would leave an old dog by the side of the road wouldn't have the guts just to shoot the old dog. It would be far more humane than leaving him to starve or be run over by a careless motorist. Of course it's beyond me why a bear hunter wouldn't love his dog, even when it gets too old to hunt. Of course there are exceptions, one of which is a friend of mine. His oldies live in the house with him. I have never known a bird hunter to treat his dog with anything but devotion. One of my DH's hunting buddies and his wife had to get a bigger bed to accomodate their large pointer. The breeder/trainer we got our last spanial from which DH said was the best he'd ever had and who gave me my current springer because she couldn't have any more pups and he wanted her in a loving home which he was too busy training and trialing to provide has a number of old spaniels which live as pets in his home and have sofa provileges. Big cultural difference there.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Glad to hear he has a new home.