Vacation Suggestions?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 AM

I want sun, beach, good food, cheap- in April.
Sort of want to keep my $$ in the USA.
Any ideas? TY!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 AM

NC Beaches, the best non-comerical beaches in the US.

Lanny
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 AM

How far from NY do you want to travel? The outerbanks of NC are a wonderful vacation destination. If you wanted to travel a little further, the Morehead City, Beaufort area is really nice too. The outerbanks area would be closer for you and would probably suit your purposes a little better.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 AM

How about Pensacola, Fl or somewhere on the fl. gulf coast panhandle area. Destin is nice but more expensive. I lived in P'cola for 30 years. The beach is great, beautiful white sand, great places to eat. Some things to do would be the air museum on Pensacola navy base. A & E store outside of base has the best fabric selection in town, I love going there. It is only a short ride to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Al where there is a water park but not sure if open in April.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 AM

OMG We went to Myrtle Beach last summer & it was my dream vacation. We didn't do much, sat on the beach, went for walks, had a day of shopping, cooked in most of the time (by choice) & it was WONDERFUL. I want to go back sooooo bad. In fact I told DH when I die, I want to be creamated & my ashes sprinkled on that beach. It was great. TIP: take a sun umbrella bought from home & some lawn chairs to sit in. You can rent them but we wound up buying them.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 AM

In April? Well we went to Santa Fe, New Mexico. Loved it there. a lot of creative people there. Not sure how cheap it is. I liked Potosky, Michigan. Stayed at Tearce Inn. Really neet old place. Look them up on the internet.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 AM

Not sure what kind of vacay you want. We had fun here a couple of years ago:

http://www.trails.com/rentals/proper...20St.%20Joe_FL

The Cape is very laid back and there isn't a lot going on. But that was what we were looking for! And we ate our weight in fresh oysters and shrimp! Appalachiccola is less than an hour's drive and fun to explore too.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM

I've been to both the NC beaches and the panhandle of Florida in the spring. They're really great destinations. I think that we are going for NC or SC because of the rising gas prices. We tow a trailer, daughter is getting married in June and I want to go away several times this spring/summer. I know what you mean about needing some warmer weather.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by lllog
NC Beaches, the best non-comerical beaches in the US.

Lanny
I LOVE Carolina Beach, NC. It's my favorite spot in the world. Never super crowded. Very casual. Good prices on rentals with full kitchens, so you can eat a few quick meals without having to go out. Easy drive to Wilmington if you need city activites. Near Fort Fisher if you are a Civil War buff.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM

We love Venice Beach Florida. A quaint little town. Venice Beach Villas is a very clean but modest place to stay. We do the shark teeth diving there if you're into scuba diving. Some night life but not much...we're not into that.