Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Venting---Need to kill my hubby >

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM

Sounds like a lady after my own heart!!!! And I have only been married 35 years. The problem is not a camper in my case, but a race car weekend with very similiar cleaning and packing needs. No grands or great grands involved.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM

I thought I felt the earth tremor! :lol: :lol:

Gotta love 'em, besides, who wants to do the jail time?

Kidding aside, you bet it's a TON of work to get ready for a vacation, the upkeep during the vacation, and all the work when you get back from vacation and men, (in general) mostly don't see any of it.

I hope you are able to get away with the family and you have a wonderful time. What a difference it would've made without all the additional help from the other family members. Treasure the time.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Not laughing AT you, just WITH you....I can relate ;)

Hope you have fun!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Gotta love 'em, besides, who wants to do the jail time?
I guarantee they wouldn't let you have a rotary cutter and sewing machine in jail!

I know just what you mean about doing all the work. DH usually gives me the "I'll let you pack cuz you know what you need/want along" and I then have to pack all the bags and have the van packed up and ready to go when he gets home. A month or so ago we went out of town and he ended up packing up the van while I finished some work. He commented on how much work it was to get it all in there! :shock: :roll: I just looked at him and said "yep!" Men!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

I know what you are saying. The good thing is that once you get there you will undoubtly have a great time with all your family. Hopefully you are not to exhausted to enjoy it.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM

His idea to go? You had to go out & spend however many $$$ to prepare? Spend that much on the Shop Hop when you return.LOL Durn 'em that'll learn 'em. LOL In spite of it all, I hope you do have a great time with your family.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM

~laffin~ Mine knows that if he wants to go camping, he's not only going to get the camper ready, he's going to do the majority of the cooking! He's also going to unload when we get home. All I do is pack my own clothing and make suggestions for food... I am SO not an outside kinda girl...and it's the only way he can get me to agree to go!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 AM
bkb

GailR you are my kinda girl.. My DH would come unglued if I did that! But like you all preparation for anything must be done by me DH claims--- I don't know how---and refuses to learn! Somehow though when it comes to the check book he's right on top of that!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Ok, here is the lastest in this nightmare. Put last 2 pillows in the washer, they aren't a matched set but I didn't think anything about it until that washer started banging because it was off balance. As it turns out, one of the pillows weighes about a 20lbs wet, the other only a few pounds. So, I spent about 15 minutes in the laundryroom opening and closing the washer to try to get as much water out as possible without breaking my machine. Then I decided that they were way to wet to put into the dryer so I decided to put them over the rail on the back deck, but first I had to clean the rail since it hasn't been cleaned all winter. Now, I'm thinking $300 to $350.....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 AM
bkb

I love it!!!!!