vertigo and nausea help

Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM

I've been to many doctors including 2 days at UVA (University of Virginia) They determined mine was caused by nerve damage from a middle ear infection and agravated by a head injury I got in a car accident previously. My signal are messed up. I see I am standing still against a wall. Close my eyes and it feels like I am on a boat. some days calm weather some days major storm waves.
But I will check out the suggestions! Maybe they can do something now they couldn't then! the Meclizine didn't work unless taken in high doses and that makes me sleep. I'd rather not sleep my life away. The vertigo therapy helped a lot! I can live by myself with close neighbors (my oldest brother and his wife) Pats my sister now too. I told Tinker if he got divorced too bad I was adopting her and he said No worries. They really love each other and have gone above and beyond for me. I treasure my independence. It is a great gift I had not thought of enough. BEFORE
Thankyou All!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM

I am so glad you are able to get back to sewing and quilting, I would be nuts/bonkers/depressed etc if I could not quilt!! Do post some photos!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by paulettepoe View Post
I had the same thing...there are stones in your inner ear, just like kidney stones. I had to do physical therapy and was treatment to move those stones in my ear. I thought....this is crazy, had never heard of it. But....dang it...it worked and I have never had the problem again. In my area there is only one trained guy who knows how to do this. Its a fairly new discovery I think. you can read about it online too.
A friend of mine had I *think* the same thing. She had a chiropractor "adjust" her ears. Vertigo gone.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 AM

There are many exercises for this which are demonstrated on the net. It was explained to me that it is crystals forming in the ear. Hope this helps:

http://youtu.be/hhinu_oU_hM
Old 02-02-2012, 05:39 AM

I don't know what sea bands are, I'll have to look them up. I have developed vertigo after my last two airplane trips. I have tried the epely manuver with some decent results, I just feel very "unprofessional" doing it myself.
I never thought of dramamine, will keep that in mind when it gets acute.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:48 AM

Sounds like an inner ear infection. I get them all the time. Doctor said to take Meclizine, for motion sickness.
Can be purchased at the drug store, no prescription necessary. I keep them on hand at all times.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Acupuncture helped me.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 AM

My mom had fell at home, she said she got really dizzy and had really bad nausea. It was so bad she lost 20 lbs. I brought my mom to the ENT doctor to have her checked out and they told her that they could adjust her "crystals" in her ears. I had to have them explain it--I teased mom about "rocks" in her head. My dad and I watched as they did the adjustments and 2 hours later her nausea and dizziness was gone--without any meds.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 AM

I'm so glad you found something that works!! Happy quilting.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:53 AM

I all so have vertigo. I take Meclizine .every day .I just pray it never comes back. Did alot of head therapy to be able to stand . joyce j