Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning about the mail and your packages...

Today I recieved a firmy that was empty! Someone in the mail system had opened up the box, took the contents and sent it on it's way to me. :evil:

So please insure and or get a delivery conformation on your packages!

Someone is having a great time with my goodies a dear sweet angel sent me!

oh how sad. Now that was a sick person to do that. So sorry to hear it. Well the Postman left my box on the porch while we weren't here. It had a delivery confirmation on it but they didn't wait nor turn it back in to be picked at the window. Man, that stink, though. Bless you both, Ruth

Ohhhhhh sorry that happened. I hate sending stuff anymore.
    Specially sentamental stuff. Scary. :thumbdown:

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I worry when I send something too. I tape and tape and tape ain't no one getting in to it without ripping it apart. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some ppl have no shame.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Awww, what a bummer. I always get delivery confirmation. It's free ( I ship everything with online postage).
    Sorry that happened to you.

I know, and after she was thoughtfull enough to surprise me and went to all the expense and trouble, some jerk took it! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I worry when I send something too. I tape and tape and tape ain't no one getting in to it without ripping it apart. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some ppl have no shame.
    I use a ton of tape also, for this reason.

My sister is a mail carrier, and she says the machines rip them up a lot more than you'd think. There is always a package that goes sideways or something and screws it up for the next few packages until they catch it. And sometimes they don't.

Was it torn up to where the carrier should have seen it was empty? It's odd that he/she didn't notice it.

I've had packages come in a clear ziplock type bag with my original package destoyed, but everything was there.

Ooops! Double post!

Blog Entries
    Meanies !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I use a ton of tape also, for this reason.

My sister is a mail carrier, and she says the machines rip them up a lot more than you'd think. There is always a package that goes sideways or something and screws it up for the next few packages until they catch it. And sometimes they don't.

Was it torn up to where the carrier should have seen it was empty? It's odd that he/she didn't notice it.

I've had packages come in a clear ziplock type bag with my original package destoyed, but everything was there.
    No, no more than normal, the corners are a little bent is all.

That is absolutely ridiculous-people will do anything these days! I am sorry for your loss!

JJs
    Banned
    Years ago when my sister lived around here and had pecan trees she sent a HUGE big bag of pecans to my mother in Indiana - when the bag got to my mother there was a round hole (big enough for a man's fist) cut in the bag - several pounds of pecans removed and the hole sealed up with duct tape - now tell me THAT didn't happen at the POST OFFICE.

A couple weeks ago our local WM had a great buy on Acer laptops and I bought one for my oldest daughter and mailed it to her - really sweated it out until she got the package and booted up the computer - it not only arrived but arrived in working order - hoorey!

Blog Entries
    My son sent a package to Ohio with lots of valentine stuff in it, the box got there but not the contents,the box was taped back up, torn label and all. Definitely P.O., probably their carrier. Other people on his route had the same thing happen to them. He's still doing the same route.

Utter disrespect for another's property - it is a crying shame that there are so many THIEVES in the time in which we live! - hey quilters, lets buy an island and we could all live there and sew all day!

Well, that certainly makes up MY mind!! I just finished a quilt for my sister's friend in PA that has cancer-and was debating on shipping it home to her (I live in NE) or sending it home with my daughter when she comes to visit in Sept. I have put too much time and energy into it to have it disappear. Thanks for the warning. Will take it seriously.

Same thing happened to me - Monday I received an Ebay order, the envelope was empty and the flap open. The PO put it in a plastic bag labeled received without contents and received unsealed. Thankfully the seller is replacing.

That's too bad. I once had medications ordered. The UPS guy couldn't find our house so they left it on the doorstep of the ONE house in the neighborhood that wasn't safe....the house had 3 teenage juvenile delinquents!!! I was so angry that I called and figured out how to get to a HUMAN who turned out to be boss-man and told him what I thought of it. Ironically, that house was 2 doors from my house!!!!!! They have been delivered perfectly ever since!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    What's bad is it makes us look bad when we send a package to another quilter and the contents are missing or half missing. I have had it happen twice.

It's not just packages!!!! Iordered some patterns from someone on the board (in Arizona) back in June. I sent her a check. She never received it. I sent her a replacement and just learned a few days ago that she did not get it either. When I get home (from visiting my DD in Iowa), I will check with my post office and see if they can find out what happened. I may send the next one with "delivery confirmation" on it.

You know that was why it was nice to use UPS. You track the package with the Trac#s But now the price is out of this world for UPS

That is horrible. Did you notify the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    My son sent a package to Ohio with lots of valentine stuff in it, the box got there but not the contents,the box was taped back up, torn label and all. Definitely P.O., probably their carrier. Other people on his route had the same thing happen to them. He's still doing the same route.
    It's awful that people have to resort to stealing! I know times are tought, but c'mon, that's just not right.

That carrier should be under an investigation and if found guilty, fired!

Sick person is right, why would anyone do that, I would contact toh post officeand have them check where it stoped,on its way and raise some He-- and maybe they can catch the thief.

Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    oh how sad. Now that was a sick person to do that. So sorry to hear it. Well the Postman left my box on the porch while we weren't here. It had a delivery confirmation on it but they didn't wait nor turn it back in to be picked at the window. Man, that stink, though. Bless you both, Ruth

I had this happen years ago.

I sent a few gifts to my Mom for Christmas. Among them was a gag gift, a family tradition, my gag gift to my Mom that year was a cheetah print thong. Her package never arrived, I filed a claim and had to resend her gifts, this time UPS.

So I am assuming some postal worker is wearing them...........LOL

What gets me is that the post office asks if you want insurance. The last time they asked I told them that I was PAYING THEM to deliver the package safely and shouldn't NEED to insure it!

Sorry you lost out on the special contents--what's worse is that somebody put precious time and special effort into it just to see that you would be happy and surprised, so their day has also been ruined!

There doesn't even seem to be honor among thieves these days, does there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast