Watch your receipts!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

At Safeway you just put in your phone number and the savings are deducted automatically.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 PM

In Ontario, the policy is: if the item scans at a higher price than the shelf tag or advertized price, you get that item at no cost--up to $10. If you have more than one, only one is 'free' but you get the others at the proper cost. Of course it doesn't matter where you picked up the item, the UPC has to match the shelf UPC. This is the biggest frustration for us (I work in retail) because no matter how much time we spend tidying, people tend to take an item off the shelf and just put it back anywhere.

I make a point of checking my receipt before I leave the store. Hate to have to haul the groceries back into the store to correct a mistake.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

You're right we should check our receipts for everything we buy. Mistakes do happen. I work at a convenience store and know how easy it is to transpose numbers.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
At Safeway you just put in your phone number and the savings are deducted automatically.
It WAS Safeway -- (yes, I know I said I wasn't going to say the name).....I gave the guy my phone # and he said he input it -- but he hadn't. I know I can scan a card, but I didn't have my card....and when I tried to put the # in myself, it wouldn't take it -- so HE was supposed to have input it! I'm sure it was an honest mistake....but as I said -- I have other places to spend my money....
Old 01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

We don't have Safeway Stores here.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:27 PM

I always double check everything that scans on their screens and what my receipt says before I leave, I've got very good at catching mistakes that don't ring up on the screen properly. One of our local stores will actually give you the item for free if they screw up on the checkout. Especially in clothing stores too on those we will do an additional mark down of 25% at the checkout, most of the time it doesn't do it and they have to enter it in on the register.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 AM

Excellent advice no matter what kind of store you're at. We always watch our purchases being rung up and I would say 75% of the time there is a mistake.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 AM

I always check, i don't trust machines.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Check your receipts in LQSs too. I've had several double charge me - usually ones where I'd discussed being a long way from home travelling.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:55 AM
T.

yeah, not too long ago I went to the fabric shop & bought a bunch of materials, mostly .5 yard, a yard etc.. The total was $ 70.00, I went "WHAT?" As it turned out, on the cutting ticket, she recorded 5 yards instead of .5 of one of the pieces. Whew!