Watch your receipts!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM

I always watch to make sure it goes through when they swipe it. My daughter likes to give hers at the end of checkout so she can see the amount come off the total. Usually the clerks ask for it at the beginning but maybe I'll start doing it at the end too.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Soooo what I'm getting from all this is --- No matter that we have computers nowadays, we STILL have to watch what the input is -- in fact, we may have to watch them even MORE than we did before computers!!!! Sad, isn't it.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 PM

i have been doing that lately and have noticed somethings dont ring up as they are advertised i think in the last week i have found over 5.00 mistakes !! and as much as i shop that adds up
Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Dee

This happens all over.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 AM

I've have a similar problem that I fortunately caught - and more than once, I might add, at two different box stores. You pick up some items that have big sale signs posted on the shelves; then when they are scanned, they are rung up at the normal prices. I haven't known if these situations were contrived to deceive, or if it was just that the scanner programmers weren't keeping up with the floor staff, but I am glad I always watch my checkout, and catch these things. My hubby thinks I'm a little paranoid, but hey - someone's gotta look out for #1!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:51 AM

We bought my DH a couple pair of pants on sale and they did not ring up correctly at thr register. Instead of $10 each, they rang up at $26.99 each. We caught that right then and it was fixed.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:13 AM

Always take your receipts too! You don't want to give a cashier the opportunity to "void" the sale either. They an then pocket the cash ! Tho the majority f transactions are via plastic.

I hate "loyalty" cards. Yes I want the discount but why can't it be without me Me having to dig fr the card etc. just honor the sale price. I don't see a benefit for the aggravation. So I just shop at Wally World.

Sandy
Old 01-30-2012, 04:36 AM

I complained to my local supermarket through their website (had several complaints about a recent trip) - got a nice letter and $10 coupon!!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 AM

I try to always watch as the items are being scanned and check the receipt before I leave the store...and count my change, if any! Mistakes are made on both parts...I have, upon occasion, not paid for something (fell under/in purse, in cart, etc and neither the cashier nor I spotted it at the time (this usually happens around birthday and Christmas when I'm trying to hide the item from a family member!). I go back into the store and explain my mistake and pay for the item. I'm thinking some cashiers aren't used to that kind of honesty because I sometimes get a strange look.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 AM

I don't like this new policy of not putting the prices on things. I'm finding many shelves marked wrong so you really don't know what an item costs. Yes this new lobbied law saves the store money in manpower. DO you think we are saving anything?
I am opposed to having my purchases tracked (this is the sole purpose of those discount cards) and am FORCED to use them.