Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Water, Water, Water everywhere >

Water, Water, Water everywhere

Water, Water, Water everywhere

Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM

Hey, no water when I came home tonight!!!! I have some information on the hydralic concrete, and lots of advice on drainage systems....again, thanks to all of you for sharing your soggy moments. It is helping me get through this....so much work to do. While I don't think that I will be laughing about this soon, at least I have stopped crying. Wonder how my DH's (?) golf game was today.....
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 PM

:cry: So sorry. Have experienced this myself and it sucks.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM

So sorry. I don't think I could live with that.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 PM

I was out digging trenches around the horse barn in the pouring rain and wind tonight. We are really getting hit hard with rain and winds but thankful we are not in Japan.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM

I am so sorry for this bad luck. Do you have a sump pump in your basement? Is this something that happens each year? Do take care of your back.. I know using a shopvac includes lifting the tank and throwing out the sucked up water... heavy job. Hugs, I do hope it ends soon for you.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

That's too bad hope it is done soon.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM

oh Deb. what a mess.. I went through one year when we had 3 floods in the same year.. I was just about ready to walk out of the house and let anyone who wanted it have it! We have lived here 21 years and only had two other times when we had a problem.. One when there was no power to run the sump pump... another when there was a tornado near by with downpouring rain for a horribly long time.. and the 3 in a year episode.. I am so sorry, I know how much work and the pain of it all.. wish I were closer, I'd help.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Sorry, you have to work so hard...

We have a cellar that everytime it rains, we have water cracks in the wall...

Where that water pump?? LOL
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
YIKES....as much as I love spring, the warm temps have melted most of the snow, and my basement has become a swimming pool. Rugs all soaked, boxes of scraps drenched, BUT....the packages of the Blocks of the Orient are in a rubbermaid tub so they are SAFE!!! My fabric armoire is up high so that is all safe, but my back is screaming, my legs are shaking and I am sleep deprived. I have been working pretty steadily since 10am on Saturday morning, the shop vac does a good job of sucking the water up, but I have to keep doing it every 15 minutes. There are cracks in the floor where the water just bubbles (yeah, like a little fountain) up through. I didn't see it when it first began because the cracks are under the large throw rug. It wasn't until I went down to sew on Saturday a.m. and noticed the new indoor pool.... :hunf: hubby helped...picked up the 4 boxes of my scraps (used for pillow sutffings) and of course the bottom fell out and scraps were floating around. Still can't laugh about it yet. Have to call off work tomorrow (not to sew - drats) but just to keep ahead of it.
Try putting pillow stuffing scraps in a pillow case, and whip stitch closed, then wash as usual. Open pillow case and store higher up. Good Luck! {HUGS}
Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 PM

Oh no! My DIL's mother had that problen and had to get a lttle pump for their basement which seems to have solved the problem.