we have kitties : )

Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 AM

Oh my...
Old 06-10-2011, 06:44 AM

Tried to get pictures but Mama cat says to wait :lol: ..She gets right in front and in your face when you lay down on the floor to look at them..There is a total of 5 black kitties..thought there was 4 but one was hiding under the others..I am going to have to move them eventually to a box or something but will probably have to wait for a couple of days
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Tried to get pictures but Mama cat says to wait :lol: ..She gets right in front and in your face when you lay down on the floor to look at them..There is a total of 5 black kitties..thought there was 4 but one was hiding under the others..I am going to have to move them eventually to a box or something but will probably have to wait for a couple of days
Give her time to relax before touching her babies. Momma cats are very protective.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Give her time to relax before touching her babies. Momma cats are very protective.
Yeah I am..she is a sweet and loving cat but I do not want to press my luck or her sweet nature :wink: ....My daughter now has a litter box, cat food and water in her room..
Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
How special that she chose your home for protection for her babies.

Shame on the ones who left her behind.
Now why would an animal lover just up and leave there furbaby behind.. Just think she thinks you a special so now she's safe.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 AM

I am happy that you have saved these kittys from a horrible existance in the elements. I do wish people would at the very least "fix and release" if they can't keep all of the cats in the house safe from cars and Vermicious Knids.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM

At one time we lived in West Texas and had a mama cat. When we moved back to the DFW area we tried and tried and tried to catch her as she stayed outside and inside and she was not having any of that. Our neighbor across the street watched out for her and finally they corralled her and she went to a new home where she was in the lap of luxury. Cats have a mind of their own and its hard to make a cat do anything they don't want to do.

mltquilt
Old 06-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I'm so touched by this story. You have a HUGE heart and apparently that sweet Momma kitty knew :)
You're very special in my book~ :)
Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 PM

We had a neighbor once that asked me if I would take care of her cat while she went on a vacation. While they were gone Billie had kittens. The neighbor never came back. I did enjoy the kittens. But now I only neutered cats.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Hubby says we will get to keep one of the kitties and Mama..So as soon as they are older and Mama is healed they are going to get "fixed" My neighbor who has been helping to feed and to look out for the Mama cat says she will help with any spaying or neutering that is required...That mama cat is so sweet, she loves to give kisses..I think my heart has been taken :wink: