Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We pay for T.V. service and nothing on >

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

Old 09-27-2010, 04:55 PM

I have Basic cable, and have also thought about pulling the plug on it, because there is rarely anything worth watching. And what REALLY gets to me are the commercials. They are constant. 3 minutes of show followed by 4 minutes of commercials and then another 3 minutes of show. It's amazing! Then, of course, they have to tell you what is coming up next on the episode, to keep you watching, and when it gets back from a commercial break they have to recap what they just said. It's like there's 10 minutes of show and the rest is repeat and commercials. Actually, 10 minutes of some shows is 9 minutes too much.

OK, off my soapbox now. Can you tell this really bugs me?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

You are certainly not alone@! Many of us are fed up. I need to rant about how much I dislike the movies being made.
Okay, that will be another thread hahaha :D
Old 09-27-2010, 05:13 PM

We have basic cable but at our age, (70's) there really isn't much on TV that interests us. We do watch re runs of Law and Order, the old ones are the best and The Closer is the only 'new' show that we like. Jeopardy is a must after dinner. Of course we watch some news programs, a little history, decorating and how to shows interest me and sports for DH but actualy the tv is on most of the time just for the noise. May in Jersey
Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM

I have to agree 100%, not worth the price i pay each month! I only watch a few channels, HGTV, weather channel, food network, and sometimes the discovery channel and the local news.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:21 PM

I haven't watched TV in several years, and where we are, we don't get a radio station. You get used to it.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:49 PM

We quit on cable got to expensive and nothing on it but repeats and commercials.

We have movies on dvd's and watch the local ones.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM

What is really scary is that I am on an Internet panel that gets to preview potential new shows and the only things we have been shown recently are reality shows that are so bad they make the present ones look positively brilliant!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 PM

I hate the reality shows. Maybe its just me but I don't want to see the real housewives of Orange county or anywhere else with their stuck up attitudes. I do watch Gene Simmons because he is funny. I don't like Kate plus eight, Hoarders or the Bachelor or Bachlorette. Survivor is overrated and way out alot with naked people. If I want to see a person making money get naked I will go get dollar bills and go to a LIVE dancer show with guys in it. I haven't yet! But I have been invited to go in the past.Too much reality T.V. on T.V. and they script it on some to make it worse!!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 AM

It is so frustrating that the programming is so awful these days. We have cable and watch very little of anything...mostly the news. I have to wonder why we even pay for it anymore....there seems to be nothing original out there anymore and I'm with many members the reality shows are absolutely ridiculous. There doesn't even seem to be any original movies anymore....just remakes of past successess. Very strange!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
All we watch basically is baseball and movies. I live in Ohio so the only way I get the Yankees is on my computer which is fine with me. I love Turner Classic Movies, it's awesome!
I agree- a zillion channels and nothing on. :D
I've loved Mariano for years, but I think his days are numbered.
Have you seen his ads? I forget what they're for (bad ad) but he looks fabulous.
Will answer your PM when I get to the box that has it.