we want to relocate

Old 03-17-2012, 04:03 AM

I live in the Coastal Georgia area. I love it here. My dad was in the Air Force and I spent a lot of years moving around and I can say that the areas I have really liked are Eastern Tennessee (love the mountains) Greenville, South Carolina is great. I love the ocean too. Charleston, Savannah and St Augustine are some of my favorite ocean cities. Not to big but big enough to have it all. Tennessee and Florida does not have an income tax yet. (If that matters)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by mtkoldra View Post
we are contemplating to move from Long Island to other part of the country but we can not decide where to.
I would like to have a garden and live in a community, be close to bigger town with some cultural events and of course quilting stores, airport etc.

I would not mind going North, DH wants to be closer to his kids South

we are both retired
We are living in Raleigh, NC (first time in NC in Charlotte '89-'98). There are SOOOO many people here from NY/NJ
it's crazy. We met some new neighbors last summer who recently moved here from the next town over from mine
in NJ.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

I am in Florida and it is not a prime gardening area. I agree that North Carolina is a wonderful area. Virginia is nice too. Originally from Pennsylvania and love it too except weather is mre extreme there
Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 AM

We have purchased a home in Parker, Colorado, just south of Denver. Summers are usually in the 80's and winters are generally mild, with the occasional big snow storm. We like the change of the seasons. Denver abounds with things to do. Our new home is across from a huge park and has views of the Rocky Mountains.

We also have a vacation home in the mountains!

Have fun looking for your happy place!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 AM

I wish I could just "run away" to someplace "warmer" in the winter..and lots of green - my favorite color!!!!! But today with the housing market so low one would truly take a "bath" when selling, but being a buyer is a real bargain.......maybe when things level out a bit.........
Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant View Post
Asheville, N.C.
I have always lived in the Asheville area (Buncombe County) and can't imagine anywhere nicer. And yes, I've traveled to many states and countries, and I always love returning to the beauty of the mountains! We usually have 4 distinct seasons, although this winter, like many parts of the country, we have not had much winter.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Duncan, SC.
Halfway between Greenville & Spartanburg, just off I-85 and near I-26.
75 miles from Asheville, NC and 250 from Myrtle Beach & Charleston.
J J
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Sounds like you would enjoy Lancaster County, Pa.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 PM

Try Bristol, TN. There are several colleges which present great plays, concerts. Then, there is the famous Barter Theatre in Abingdon, the Symphony of the Mountains in Kingsport and the list goes on. We could go and see something wonderful every night of the week if we had the energy! Bristol is a small town but Knoxville is about 1 1/2 hours away as is Asheville. The cost of living is among the lowest in the country and the people are just great. Check us out! Also, the NASCAR races are held here is auto racing is your thing.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM

St. George Utah