Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Weave-It loom

Weave-It loom

I recently had the pleasure of meeting a woman from Brazil who was using a Weave-It loom, which her grandmother taught her to use at age 9, to make a baby blanket with yarn. I am now obsessed with finding this little loom to give it a try for myself and hopefully share with my grand daughters. She was using the 2" size and I found a 4" on eBay, but would still like to find the 2" loom as well. Anyone out there know where I might locate one online?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-17-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

I found this online about how to make your own. Good luck

http://www.rogersstark.com/wool/weave/weave.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dgeskine View Post
    I recently had the pleasure of meeting a woman from Brazil who was using a Weave-It loom, which her grandmother taught her to use at age 9, to make a baby blanket with yarn. I am now obsessed with finding this little loom to give it a try for myself and hopefully share with my grand daughters. She was using the 2" size and I found a 4" on eBay, but would still like to find the 2" loom as well. Anyone out there know where I might locate one online?
    Good luck with this. I too have the 4" loom and the baby blanket that my Dad made with it for me 67 years ago,

Did it look like this?
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/weave-it-loom
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Yes, AZJane, that is exactly what it looks like.
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

Looks like a smaller version of the pot holder loom.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

What size piece does this square loom make? Looks small.....I would love to learn how to weave rugs on one of those large looms...that looks like fun, but need the room for setup.....I bought one made out of jean strips several yrs ago and it wears like iron...

Blog Entries
    huh, I just saw a weave loom of some sort in boxes for sale but it seemed to be all for rubber bands.

The weave-it loom I was able to find (and afford) is a 4" loom (finished size squares). I'm hoping to find a 2" one day! I haven't had time to start fiddling with it yet, but looking forward to it soon!