Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Computer problems

Computer problems

I haven't been able to check in on any of the recent postings here on the quilting board because my computer has been acting stupid! It's an older one that won't be getting any more updates . I finally was able to get a new password and now I'm back. I've bought a new computer, just haven't gotten everything set up on it yet.

technology sucks some times LOL
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

If you will sign up for Carbonite, when you change computers every file and photo on the old one will be put on the new computer. It doesn't have to be working either. You don't have to do anything but click start. Your files and photos are never lost.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    If you will sign up for Carbonite, when you change computers every file and photo on the old one will be put on the new computer. It doesn't have to be working either. You don't have to do anything but click start. Your files and photos are never lost.
    This is really good to know! I am facing having to get a new computer before much longer and was already worrying about transferring everything. I will definitely be checking them out!

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. My DSL modem went out and I've been without internet at home for a week. Of course I can read the Board at work and I'm thankful for that. It sure took a looooooong time to get everything back up & running.
    TwandasMom

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I'm showing that I'm technology challenged but what's Carbonite?
    Laughing is, and will always be, the best form of therapy!

When you love and laugh abundantly, you live a beautiful life!

If you're too busy to laugh.....you're too busy!

Blog Entries
    Carbonite is online backup. I use it but I'm thinking about switching to backblaze because they will also back up an external hard drive. I have had to restore my files through Carbonite and it didn't go smoothly but I don't think I lost anything.

Blog Entries
    I will have to check on both of these. I want to get a laptop and my son moved back to Ohio so I will have to figure out all that stuff on my own. This stuff scares the daylights out of me. What if I blow it up or it catches fire or a thousand other things that could not happen. According to my son, anyways. Why can't they make this stuff easy or at least write instructions in english with lots of pictures. I love the simplicity of my electric can opener LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    This is really good to know! I am facing having to get a new computer before much longer and was already worrying about transferring everything. I will definitely be checking them out!
    Me too Thanks for this. I have an old lap top whose battery does not work. I hope I can transfer the files without
    getting a new battery.
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

If you are willing to spend a few more bucks the macs are relatively painless to set up and update. Mr stitchnripper is a computer programmer and when I got my Mac he was super impressed with the way it set itself up. He then got himself a MacBook Pro to travel with.
    Alyce

You sound EXACTLY like me!!! You can give your son temporary remote control of your computer, if he knows how to direct you. Then he can get things straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    I will have to check on both of these. I want to get a laptop and my son moved back to Ohio so I will have to figure out all that stuff on my own. This stuff scares the daylights out of me. What if I blow it up or it catches fire or a thousand other things that could not happen. According to my son, anyways. Why can't they make this stuff easy or at least write instructions in english with lots of pictures. I love the simplicity of my electric can opener LOL

Blog Entries
    Isn't it great to have sons that know their way around inside a computer! Paying for his raising now.
    TwandasMom