This website has it all!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 AM
mac

Red face This website has it all!

I just discovered a website called Tipnut.com that has amazing information about all kinds of things. Anything from cleaning stains, organization, kitchen tips to DIY projects.

Man-oh-man, I just spent an hour looking at all kinds of things on this website. I just recently discovered Pinterest and I can't believe all the stuff on that site, too.

I am now having to set a timer to keep me from spending hours looking at different things. I can't believe how the time flies when visiting these sites. Last week I got up at 7am and the next thing I knew it was 3pm. Where did the time go? I didn't even stop for food or a potty break. Come to think of it, I used to have a lot of time on my hands to quilt before I got a computer.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
I just discovered a website called Tipnut.com that has amazing information about all kinds of things. Anything from cleaning stains, organization, kitchen tips to DIY projects.

Man-oh-man, I just spent an hour looking at all kinds of things on this website. I just recently discovered Pinterest and I can't believe all the stuff on that site, too.

I am now having to set a timer to keep me from spending hours looking at different things. I can't believe how the time flies when visiting these sites. Last week I got up at 7am and the next thing I knew it was 3pm. Where did the time go? I didn't even stop for food or a potty break. Come to think of it, I used to have a lot of time on my hands to quilt before I got a computer.
Pinterest is great..use it a lot.
Haven't used tipnut for a while!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:33 PM

I'm addicted to reddit, the "front page of the internet".

I'm warning you it is addictive.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:59 PM

oh i love love love tipnut!!! my fave site for looking for patterns for everything!!! another pinterest type site that's new to me is pionik, it was in a response by another member here. i spent waaaayyy too much time on that yesterday
Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I've been a tipnut nut for several years, fun site!
Old 02-07-2017, 06:12 AM

I just signed up with pionik and I can't get in it just flashes back to the sign in page. I will keep trying but any hints would be appreciated.
Lynda

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
oh i love love love tipnut!!! my fave site for looking for patterns for everything!!! another pinterest type site that's new to me is pionik, it was in a response by another member here. i spent waaaayyy too much time on that yesterday
Old 02-07-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
I just signed up with pionik and I can't get in it just flashes back to the sign in page. I will keep trying but any hints would be appreciated.
Lynda
i don't know why the site did that ..it didn't for me. i wandered freely for several hours & i didn't join. it doesn't have the restrictions for nonmembers that pinterest has, tho i confess that pinterest has eased up a little. instead of covering the whole screen, their little sign up begathon thing is only a banner across bottom of screen now. but as for pionik, sometimes sites become overwhelmed with traffic & act weird ..all i can suggest is keep trying.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:02 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I investigated poinik, too, and felt it was not a very user-friendly site. It was interesting, but hard to figure out and move around in while trying to stay on subject. I'll probably stick to pinterest when I look for this sort of thing, which admittedly isn't all that often.

Jan in VA
Old 02-08-2017, 03:15 AM

This is the firt I have heard of Tipnut.com - can't wait to explore it!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:07 AM

Thanks I'm going to explore it today...