Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by ljs317
Wow we are up to six pages this fast I was just here last night and everything exploded over night. This is going to be the best month ever. Missy is already on a roll with her posts and laughter is after all the best medicine.

My goal is 8 pounds for January.

Oh and My daughter is at it again. You all know I really hate the color yellow( Its makes me want to either cry or throw up) Guess what showed up in my living room last night? A yellow french provincial dresser that my daughter bought at an auction house. yep there it is with those stupid smiley handles stairing at me. I want to open the drawer and throw up in it. but I won't. This after the yellow tree decorating incident. She is really trying to kill me i think

Lisa
Now, now she is not trying to kill you lets get real she is just trying to have you committed. But you needn't worry if that happens Missy will tell you all the ins and outs of the phych ward. They will only keep you there for 48 hours to observe your behavior. Just tell them you do not want any flowers from DD as we know she will more then likely send you yellow roses. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Oh boy a 48 hour vacation in the psych ward does sound kind of nice right about now. My only problem is that they probably have yellow walls and that would really push me over the edge.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:18 AM

Funny that a vegan diet was mentioned by someone here.
A man I work with has been a vegan for a few years now and has no fat on him at all anymore.
He used to be husky.
He seems to eat as often as he wants.
Big salads with lemon juice dressing, apples, nuts, veggie soup (homemade), etc.
No sugar or anything white (except egg whites and a little skim milk. He's an ovo-lacto vegetarian)
Maybe that's what I'll try?
And the idea of drinking alot of water will be easy for me. I always have 2 one gallon jugs in the fridge just for me. I love it and drink it all the time already.

Good luck to all of us and I want to win the FQs :D
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Please count me in this month also.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM

[quote=AlwaysQuilting]Funny that a vegan diet was mentioned by someone here.
A man I work with has been a vegan for a few years now and has no fat on him at all anymore.
He used to be husky.
He seems to eat as often as he wants.
Big salads with lemon juice dressing, apples, nuts, veggie soup (homemade), etc.
No sugar or anything white (except egg whites and a little skim milk. He's an ovo-lacto vegetarian)
Maybe that's what I'll try?
And the idea of drinking alot of water will be easy for me. I always have 2 one gallon jugs in the fridge just for me. I love it and drink it all the time already.

Once you start it, after awhile, your body actually starts craving nothing but healthy food. Sugar and white stuff becomes a turn-off. And the way you will start to feel is amazing! But watch out. If you start allowing the sugar & bad foods back in your life, the scales will show it in no time flat! Ask me how I know!!! :) Anyway, I'm back to strictly vegan as of today.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM

I wouldn't mind dropping a few pounds, but how about some weight loss suggestions here, lol. I have never actually went on a diet in my whole life. Am soon to turn 59, & hubby & I are empty nesters. So, help, or suggestions, would be nice. We live on curvy mountain, two lane, high speed road, so not great for walking. Walk my dogs in the yard, when snow & ice isn't around, so, any other suggestions? Food & eating ones would be nice too, or point in my in the right direction! I'm sure most of us could stand to lose a few, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, & I will be checking back....
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

Oh boy a 48 hour vacation in the psych ward does sound kind of nice right about now. My only problem is that they probably have yellow walls and that would really push me over the edge.
Lisa the walls are most probably pale blue or green. They want calming colors. Please do not pull a Missy licking the glass doors while you are there, they are not too happy when someone does that.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Lisa the walls are most probably pale blue or green. They want calming colors. Please do not pull a Missy licking the glass doors while you are there, they are not too happy when someone does that.
Well at least the glass will be calorie free.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PamQuilts
Anyway, I'm back to strictly vegan as of today.

:)
The draw back is you do not get vit b and should take a suppliment if you don't and you deplete your body of b you could die. and once ot becomes too depleted no meat/supliment will help save your life. even though veggies have b it is not the same.

GOOGLE it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 AM

Where is Missy today?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 AM

My plan?.....NO sweets (borderline diabetic :) ) and NO white stuff-flour, sugar, pastas (too many carbs). I have protein supplements for cravings-ones that you mix with water or low carb milk (Hood brand). Mine have 16 gms protein and 5-ish carbs-need some carbs. BUT read the labels-some protein supplements have way too much sugars! Look out for prepackaged sauces-LOADED with sugars. I'm not counting anything. I have lost 20 lbs (5 mos.) before and not gained any back-even over the holidays-YIPEE! It's a slow go and look forward to sending out the FQ :), but slow is more permanent. AND a good vit supplement.