Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

I have a marble cake baking and the smell is driving me crazy. Once Jim leaves I have to get back to the diet BIG TIME. I just had the last of the peach crips with heavy cream on top. I can't not cook, Jim eats unhealty while at school so I cook and bake all the things he likes and I have will power but not that much. Oh well neat week will be a new week.......sigh.........
Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
You're welcome Missy. You're on the right track. That's what counts. Keep on keeping on. You go girl!!!
When you have to lose as much as I do...it can be discouraging. So..thank you very much!!

Missy
Old 01-11-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Gwyn
You are right.

I'm down to about 400-500 calories a day (doctor supervised)
Walking in my house about 1 hour a day
And taking a special medication to reduce fluid retention.

I'm not trying to win a prize. I just thought someone out there would be happy that I am finally starting to move down. Guess not.
Gwyn I am happy for you that your water retention problem is starting to make progress for you. I know how hard that can be and it makes you feel like a water balloon that is stretched to its limit. Glad you are making a positive move there. However I am very disappointed that others can't be as positive for you - so I hear by withdraw from this weight loss challenge.

Hopefully you will continue to make healthy progress whether it is in water retention or fat loss.

Heartfelt apologies,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
I, too, was taken aback at the negative comments.I am a RN and have seen patients drop 10-15 lb. in 24 hours thru diuresis which was necessary to save their lives due to CHF,so,it can be done safely and is a valid weight lose. I guess my question then is do we have to validate what kind of weight lose we have example.. if my Dr. increases my diuretics due to my blood pressure going up and I lose 5 lb. in 1-2 days does that not count? Do I have to justify how I lost the weight to someone.I expected more from this group but cattiness is rearing its ugly head.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Carrie, don't get discouraged. You have come a long way. Focus on your success thus far. You've done great and I'm proud of you. You've worked hard for it, so don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up, dust off your britches and get back on the horse. Sandy
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Carrie, don't get discouraged. You have come a long way. Focus on your success thus far. You've done great and I'm proud of you. You've worked hard for it, so don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up, dust off your britches and get back on the horse. Sandy
Thank you! Don't worry I am not about to give up. I keep on a trucking on. I am a stubborn woman and I am not about to let a few pounds do me in.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Everyone sounds positive for such cold snowy weather. We all need to support each other. I went for a walk yesterday but cut it short because it was so cold I couldn't feel my nose.and it's even colder today so no going outside for a walk. I don't have snow but if rain was in the forecast it would be snowing.
It is amazing what abuse our bodies take and just keep going. Not only do our knees suffer but hips and feet also. So when I hear that those of you who have 100 pounds or more getting up and moving I am so proud of you, you 5so much inspiration to all the rest of us.
Since it's cold we are having meatless spag. sauce w/ wheat pasta and a tomato, beet and cucumber salad w/ ving & oil dressing. It's been on the stove all day and the smell is driving me nuts. It's one of my fav. dishes. Now if I can just hold down the temptation to over eat.
Sorry to sun on I'll stop now you all have a great evening.
Hugs
Gail
Thank you gail! I need to lose close to 275 pounds and moving is hard work. But I am hoping that the yoga class I will btarting tomorrow will help.

I really love this group and it has made a HUGE difference in my weight loss and in my life. You guys have become family to me.

Missy
You are welcome and good luck at the yoga class Please let us all know how you do
Gail
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Carrie I ran across the quilt you are making and I love it. Such beautiful colors. I bookmarked it so I can see the finished product
Gail
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK just stab me with a fork.............I was sick and lost 3 lbs last week. Over the weekend I have been eating like a pig I am above my suicide weight. I am 187........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have been having hot fudge sundaes with Jim and all sorts of crap. I never have crap in the house but he has been doing our grocery shopping and I can't resist. On top of that nothing is satisfing my hunger. I have to lose........I said it a few days ago I can't have fat s*x.
Bigger cushion, better pushin.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by cbridges22
Well I have not lost a ounce but I checked out 5 gyms and am joining the Y today.I lack all motivation so this is a pretty big step to just join.Now I will just have to go.If I eat anything sweet I have craving that just won't stop.I know my triggers but do I avoid them,NO.Yea Gwyn,that is great.
Cindy, don't get discouraged. Hang in there. Your motivation will come. Keep reading this board and it will click when you least expect it. I'm rooting for ya! Sandy
Hang in there! I was so proud because I was down to 229 then back up to 232.
I'm doing the same thing. No exercise, eating more (about 1,500 calories) back to 180 from 177. Oh well, there's always next month.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
You're welcome Missy. You're on the right track. That's what counts. Keep on keeping on. You go girl!!!
When you have to lose as much as I do...it can be discouraging. So..thank you very much!!

Missy
You'll do it, it'll just take time. They say the slower you lose the more likely you'll keep it off.