Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 AM

Tru, thanks for sharing your daughters story. I have to agree that you must be very strong to endure that, but just like Missy said what other choise is there?

All that darn (<---- I used the nice word) Halloween candy nearly did me in :( I usually have the kids give all but about 15 pieces to the Switch Witch, who comes and takes it all away and leaves them with a toy. This year their was no money for that so they got to keep it all :shock: I gave the kids all their candy and told them to hide it in their rooms, it should be gone in a day or two :)

My kids had seven doctors appointments this week and I am a bit overwhelmed with driving them all over the place. Some of the appointments where over an hour away. I did take out the DDR to try and encourage myself to exercise, no luck yet, but the kids are dancing like crazy!

My 13 year old daughter is having problems with incontinence so they had her get an x ray. When I looked at the x ray it did not look like any of the "normal" x rays that I googled. I should be banned from googling, I know. Anyway, I am scared now. One of the doctors told me it could be a spinal cord tumor. I was handling this pretty well...until now.

The good news is that I am getting a lot of quilting down, it makes me happy to quilt and keeps my mind off everything else.
    Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Caroltee
    I know its too late to sign up but I need to lose some weight and would like to tag along on this board just for the support of all of you that understand how hard it is to do it alone
    You are only a few days late. If you don't mind being late we don't mind you joining. Do you know your weight on Nov 1? Otherwise weigh yourself today and write it down I don't think you could have lost much from the 1st until now.
    Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 AM
    Banned

OK so we have gone through Missy's crisis, me in bed wwith vertigo for over 3 weeks, Carrie's DD and her kidney stones, all the doc appointments Dawns kids have and Gails funky mood. Did I leave anything out???????? So now lets all pull ourself up by our boot straps, shake the crap off us and move ahead.
    I weighed myself this morning I usually do it on Sunday but didn't this past week. I am back up to 184.5 still under the 185 that I said if I reached again I would kill myself. OH if you don't see me around next week after I weigh in you know I hit 185 or over and a funeral is being planned for me. Those poor pall bearers having to carry me. So since I don't want to go above 185 I better do something. The dying part I would welcome it is the fat part I hate.

Breakfast............I know you all know OTAMEAL
    Lunch........ beef barley soup
    Dinner.......meatloaf, boiled potatoes, cauliflower

I will have a salad as a snack somewhere dessert will be ricotta cheese with vanilla mixed in and a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top. Bedtime snack yogurt with fruit. I think my salad will have dried cranberries and manderin(SP?) oranges and creamy rasberyy dressing. It tasts like dessert so I will have it after dinner. With looking aat this I think I have room for more calories so I will see how the day goes. I am still in bed but I am getting Christmas presents worked on. I have to lay on my side and I can sew little things. I have been making pincushions that I have embroidered with flowers. I have 1 more to finish, I will do tat today. Since the vertigo isn't so bad in the middle of the night I cut the fabric for mug rugs those could be hand pieced in bed. It is a good thing I ONLY hand do everything. That will be my day.
    I have to stop eating bread and butter which is what I live on when I don't feel well. The vertigo makes you nausas so I can't eat but know I have to eat so I live on bread and butter. I am SO depressed HOWEVER>............ WE HAVE TO THINK POSITIVE AND FORGE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 08:34 AM

Well, this is day # 4 for me, and all is going pretty well with the healthy eating...I'm not so good in the regular exercise department though.

How's everyone else doing so far?
    Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Well..... I signed up for this month on Monday morning, went to the grocery store in the afternoon and purchased (I kid you not) : Doritos, beer, cinnamon rolls and pizza dough!
    Duh! Am I clueless or what? Sometimes I am my own worst enemy!
    Old 11-04-2010, 08:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by azwendyg
    Well, this is day # 4 for me, and all is going pretty well with the healthy eating...I'm not so good in the regular exercise department though.

try pilates it is not like exercising AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Thank you for accepting the late entry. It gives a warm feeling to know someone cares about my weight other than just me and my doctor. I am trying to catch up reading posts, but I may have to wait until Sunday afternoon. I've got myself in a rush over finishing - no starting - aprons for a church bazaar Saturday.

Take care, y'all. Judy
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Thank you for accepting the late entry. It gives a warm feeling to know someone cares about my weight other than just me and my doctor. I am trying to catch up reading posts, but I may have to wait until Sunday afternoon. I've got myself in a rush over finishing - no starting - aprons for a church bazaar Saturday.

Take care, y'all. Judy
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
    Well..... I signed up for this month on Monday morning, went to the grocery store in the afternoon and purchased (I kid you not) : Doritos, beer, cinnamon rolls and pizza dough!
    Duh! Am I clueless or what? Sometimes I am my own worst enemy!
    Well let's see, you have "dairy" (Doritos are made out of cheese, right?), "whole grains" (beer is made out of grain, right?), vegetables (cinnamon is a spice; isn't that kind of like a vegetable?), and "grain" albeit not whole grain (for the pizza dough)... So, there you have your food groups! :lol:
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by azwendyg

try pilates it is not like exercising AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not a bad idea at all... I have a dust covered pilates DVD somewhere!