Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

New people yay!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:41 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I have arrived in Fort Pierre and am relaxing in my hotel room. I will be in meetings all day tomorrow and Saturday then back home to Rapid City.

I am feeling somewhat better. The voices are still bad but my mood is a bit better since I got out of town.

I think being away and busy with meetings for the next couple of days will be good for me.

Thank you to everyone for all their support. You guys are the best! I hope that when I get through this hiccup that I will be able to return to kindness.

Missy
Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Missy Thanks for letting us know you are hanging in there I have been thinking aobut you all day. If you didn't psot by tonigth I would have started to worry.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
New people yay!!!
Do you know like the old people???????????? :shock: :shock:
Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
New people yay!!!
Do you know like the old people???????????? :shock: :shock:
No I don't like them, I love the old people.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM

I have to tell you all that I have been trying to B a good girl today. I have only had 1 coke which is a big plus for me. I usually have 3or 4 by this time of day. I made some Jell-O and got me some cottage cheese to mix together and eat for a late night snack. I also have kept busy trying to finish a quilt that I have on my LR. I just haven’t been motivated much lately but am going to change all that now. New motto “Get Up… Get Out… Get It Done” … In other words ….Get off your butt (my butt) …Am not going to do the diet thing am just making some life style changes. I know what I need to do and am ready to GET Moving. I know that am going to have to limit my computer time because I spend tooooooo much time online. But I’ll work on that latter. Hope everyone is having a good day and thank you all for letting me be a part of this group. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I just wanted to let you know that I have arrived in Fort Pierre and am relaxing in my hotel room. I will be in meetings all day tomorrow and Saturday then back home to Rapid City.

I am feeling somewhat better. The voices are still bad but my mood is a bit better since I got out of town.

I think being away and busy with meetings for the next couple of days will be good for me.

Thank you to everyone for all their support. You guys are the best! I hope that when I get through this hiccup that I will be able to return to kindness.

Missy
Take it from an old f@@@---getting away from your every day surroundings is sometimes the best thing you can do. My hubby and I do that when we get tired of being around our kids or our friends. Even just going for a little ride helps. Thanks for letting us know you are ok and be safe.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:27 PM

"I am back up to 184.5 still under the 185 that I said if I reached again I would kill myself. OH if you don't see me around next week after I weigh in you know I hit 185 or over and a funeral is being planned for me. Those poor pall bearers having to carry me. So since I don't want to go above 185 I better do something. The dying part I would welcome it is the fat part I hate."

I wonder how many of us have an "I'll kill myself" weight. I used to have one, but I guess the anti-depression medication took it away. I used to think I would rather be dead than fat, now I sometimes think that the happy I feel from eating is worth being fat. Of course it isn't. In fact, the strength I feel from overcoming my stupid and irrational urges to eat when I am upset, sad, lonely, relieved, excited, , bored (you get the point right? I eat for ANY emotion) is really empowering.

Tru, I really hope I get to send my fat quater to you this month :) If you think you might be over 185 please don't weigh yourself, I doubt if this board would be the same without you.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Wow the mood is much better today. I'm glad everyone is finding a way to go ahead. You are all awsome and inspiring.
I'm walking in the morning 5:30 am. so early but my sister-in-law and I walk together and she has to be at work early hence the early walk.I'm getting used to it but I'm bagged by 8pm. Not doing to bad with the food. Going to bed early cuts down the evening grazing. So I guess it's all good. Glad to see everyone doing better.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
Take a deep breath and enjoy yourself!