Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SandraD
I found a bag of frozen homemade chocolate chip cookies in the freezer. Did you know they taste very good frozen?

Actually I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cindle
I'm following the Eat Clean Diet

I have been doing the clean eating diet for years, I lick my plate clean. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding, I have done clean eating for years, as I have said before if I can't pronounce the name I am not eating it.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by dmackey
Thanks for this thread and the challenge! October 1st just happens to be the first day of my new diet so I will happily join in!

What is everyone using as a diet? I am starting the hcg diet using the homeopathic drops.

Diane
Could I find out what the hcg diet is, please? Thanks in advance...
I'm following the Eat Clean Diet
Does that mean you bathe before eating?

:roll: :lol:
Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I had my ice cream. I had a medium dipped cone, only ate half of it then gave if to DD but I ate the cone!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Tru for giving me the approval :-). I totally understand the diet and menopause thing, doing it myself. If I tried to quit smoking I would probably wind up in jail. One step at a time. Lol
Old 10-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I had my ice cream. I had a medium dipped cone, only ate half of it then gave if to DD but I ate the cone!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Tru for giving me the approval :-). I totally understand the diet and menopause thing, doing it myself. If I tried to quit smoking I would probably wind up in jail. One step at a time. Lol
OMG you smoke???????????? I wish you lived closer to me. I smoked years ago then I quit when I want to get preggers. Then about 3 years later I smoked for about a year then quit. Didn't smoke for 13 years and started did it for 6 months and quit. The started again and smoked for about 2 years then my vertigo got so bad I couldn't leave the house to go buy them for myself. I was able to con my DS to buy them for me but he wasn't happy with that. DD would have never in a million years gotten them for me. I didn't have a choice I had to quit. On top of that they are so expensive I thought I coudl buy something REALLY nice if I saved all the money. So I haven't smoked in 4 years and the last few weeks I have been craving a cigarette. It is not as if there is anyone around me smoking and I smell it so I want one, I don't know why I just want it. I guess I should be happy I have no one to go to the store and buy them for me so I can't start again. I know you could buy them on line but deep down I would rather not start.

I am glad you enjoyed you ice cream :D :D
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

After I get this weight down I'm going to quit! I don't smoke inside except in my bathroom. It's good that you can't get them. when I quit I won't start back up again. I've tried the patch and broke out in a rash. The patched worked but I couldn't wear it. The gum was a waste of time for me. Oh well some day.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Ok so since you are the expert HELP the pot was burned along with the prunes. The inside though burned where I was able to clean is discolored and no longer shines, it is a dull blackish gray color kind of swirly. Oh it was SS. Should I just toss it????? How does a burned pot become porous and why is it determental to your health? I thought SS was SS through and through.
thanks
SS is not a good conductor of heat, so another metal is always used in the bottom to conduct the heat and it is usually aluminum, plus the SS can have a mix of nickel in it with a thin sheath of SS to cover it. Both metals are toxic, so you don't want to cook foods in them and ingest the metals. The SS finish on your pot has been destroyed and has exposed the other metals, so that is why it should be tossed. I've lost a few pots this way!

Diane
Old 10-10-2010, 06:36 AM

What is tops?

Missy
Hi Missy

TOPS stands for taking pounds off sensibly and is a weightloss support group. Its almost like Weight Watchers but they don't force any diet on you and is a lot less expensive. You basically follow your own eating plan and go for weekly weigh in and meetings to discuss different weight loss things. Heres the web site http://www.tops.org/default.aspx
I just find knowing that I have a weekly weigh in keeps me more accountable and on track. :)[/quote]

Oh Thank you for explaining that! I will go check out that site now. Have a great day!

Missy
Old 10-10-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
As the hostess of the weight loss challenge and this thread a note to all............

I am going through menopause and on a diet DON"T PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA! You are certainly on a roll! I might not piss you off but I could tickle your fancy! HAHAHA!!

I think you need a drink. Maybe Diet Water?!?!?

You slay me Tru.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109069.jpe  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I love the diet water!!!