Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sahm4605
mmmmmmmmmm that sounds good. can you use whole wheat flour or a ground nut flour instead of white processed flour?
I don't know about nut flour as I would never use it I am allergic to nuts. However you can sub part whole wheat for the white. I have never tried it but if you do let us know how they came out.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 AM

Ok I'm starting out this month at 210#'s. In Jan. I started at 248! I've done this by portion control. I still eat everything and go out to eat, but I watch what amount I eat more than what it is I'm eating. I know that I will always want to eat french fries, ice cream, pizza etc. so the solution for me is to just eat less! That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!! Good luck to everyone! Lets make the world 300#'s lighter this month :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 AM

I am starting this month out at 154 and some change. This is down from the 196 at this time last year. now that I am weaning my ds it should be easier to loose the weight. other than being pregnant I have never been this heavy. I have to loose the weight because I have bad knees and they can't take the weight, and I don't want to end up like my grandma who died in her late 70's at almost 500lbs, bed bound and with all sorts of medical issues. the only good thing about her being morbidly obese and bed bound was when she had full on dimensha and Alzheimers she couldn't wander off. So for everyone that is loosing weight I am sooo proud of you guys. But remember, we need to make life style changes and not just diet. diets don't work because when we go off them we gain the weight back. when we change our life styles then is when we will keep the weight off. like Laureneberhard posted, she has changed her life style with portion control which works for her. Me I am working on eating my veggies and (this will send hubby into heart attack) eating fish twice a month. I don't like fish but have to get used to it.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Yummy, can't wait to try it!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM

I agree
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM

I was thinking this morning that it would be great to share tips and tricks to staying on our weight loss programs while attending a BBQ. My family is having a BBQ on Monday and I thought others might be doing the same this weekend. Here are four of the best tips and tricks from the Hungry Girl. I found some of her tricks fascinating as I had never thought to do that before. Check it out!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/bit....php?isid=1120

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/bit...s.php?isid=904

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/bit....php?isid=2085

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week....php?isid=1496

I will also post this on the September thread. I hope everyone is doing well today. I made yakisoba for dinner last night and had the leftovers for lunch (about 300 calories). I have also started eating oatmeal for breakfast and have found that it keeps me full until lunch. That is a really GOOD thing for me because I tend to snack in the mornings. In about an hour or so I will eat a peach for snack and drink at least a couple more bottles of water.

Anyone else have any tips to help us survive this weekend with our diets intact?

Missy
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I am starting this month out at 154 and some change. This is down from the 196 at this time last year. now that I am weaning my ds it should be easier to loose the weight. other than being pregnant I have never been this heavy. I have to loose the weight because I have bad knees and they can't take the weight, and I don't want to end up like my grandma who died in her late 70's at almost 500lbs, bed bound and with all sorts of medical issues. the only good thing about her being morbidly obese and bed bound was when she had full on dimensha and Alzheimers she couldn't wander off. So for everyone that is loosing weight I am sooo proud of you guys. But remember, we need to make life style changes and not just diet. diets don't work because when we go off them we gain the weight back. when we change our life styles then is when we will keep the weight off. like Laureneberhard posted, she has changed her life style with portion control which works for her. Me I am working on eating my veggies and (this will send hubby into heart attack) eating fish twice a month. I don't like fish but have to get used to it.
It really sounds like you have a great plan. When I started this lifestyle change one of the things the nutritionist said was that it is ideal for us to have 2/3 of our diet plant-based. So, by Gwyn's suggestion, I bought a divided plate and the big part of the plate is always plant-based foods.

I am only a month or two away from having weight loss surgery and believe me I am not stopping my new lifestyle because of the WLS. I will continue to eat this way and hopefully get down to a reasonable weight. I started out at 456 pounds and I am now about 410 or so. I have a long way to go but I am determined that I will not end up bed bound and dying from complications of obesity.

I weigh in at the hospital again on the 13th and the 22nd. Then all of my chart gets sent to the surgeon for prior insurance approval and then the surgery. I do have to see the psychologist again on the 16th for final approval but that should be fine.

I want to thank everyone that has PM'd me with tips and ideas and thoughts. I also want to thank everyone for all of their support during the last few months. Like I said before, I am not stopping now so the support is still gonna be needed as I cruise through this journey.

You all really are the BEST!!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108967.jpe  
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

[quote=MissyGirl

I have also started eating oatmeal for breakfast and have found that it keeps me full until lunch.

Missy[/quote]

me too. this morning i had oatmeal with applesauce mixed in. i am running low on oatmeal and am unsure when someone will go grocery shopping for me so i ordered a case of Bob'd Red Mill at amazon. i love Bob's Red Mill stuff an lots of it are organic. and if it's not organic it is all natural, no chemical crap in their products.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Count me in again....maybe I'll do better this month.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM

[quote=trupeach1]
Originally Posted by MissyGirl

I have also started eating oatmeal for breakfast and have found that it keeps me full until lunch.

Missy[/quote

me too. this morning i had oatmeal with applesauce mixed in. i am running low on oatmeal and am unsure when someone will go grocery shopping for me so i ordered a case of Bob'd Red Mill at amazon. i love Bob's Red Mill stuff an lots of it are organic. and if it's not organic it is all natural, no chemical crap in their products.
I love to buy organic foods and other specialty foods on amazon.

Missy