Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Congrats Sandra! I did WW about 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs. I should have stuck with it but I went off it and gained it all back. I hope you have better luck than I did. :lol:

For those of you who are going sugar-free, like me, I found this awesome page which tells you how to substitute honey for sugar.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2110342_subs...ar-recipe.html
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hi guys!! Here is today's recipe from the Hungry Girl. It is so yummy!!

Bananas Foster Puddin' Parfait

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 176 calories, 2.5g fat, 200mg sodium, 39.5g carbs, 1.75g fiber, 17g sugars, 2g protein -- POINTSŪ value 3*

Feel free to replace the pudding with fat-free vanilla yogurt or light vanilla ice cream for a totally different take on our BFF Bananas Foster. Woohoo!

Ingredients:
One 60-calorie vanilla pudding snack (like the kind by Jell-O)
1/2 large banana, chopped
1 tbsp. light or fat-free caramel dip (like the kinds by Marzetti)
Optional: cinnamon

Directions:
Spoon half of the pudding snack into a parfait glass (or any glass). Top with half of the chopped banana followed by half of the caramel dip.

Repeat layering with remaining pudding, banana, and caramel dip. If you like, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. Add a spoon and eat up!

MAKES 1 SERVING
Oh my goodness, Missy. This sure sounds great. Going to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
Just went to my first Weight Watchers at work meeting. Three of my co-workers joined with me - this will be helpful in forward efforts. I'm down 7lbs for the month so far. "If it is to be....it is up to me", but the support never hurts!
I joined Tuesday and the last 2 days have been very good for me. There is a woman in my class who still, after 16 wks., eats all the wrong stuff because she doesn't like to cook since she's alone. She says she doesn't know what to have---the new plan is a good one. There are so many different ideas of foods to eat. I love it. Hopefully, I will do better this month than last.
Donna
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
Just went to my first Weight Watchers at work meeting. Three of my co-workers joined with me - this will be helpful in forward efforts. I'm down 7lbs for the month so far. "If it is to be....it is up to me", but the support never hurts!
Good for you way to go.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Don't put yourself down! You are to valuable for that negative thought. Just get a lean cuisine pizza for one and keep on trying.
Thanks for the support. I guess I'm just having a down day. Good Idea about the pizza.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dora
i am haveing to lose weight i cant sign up because i can do the prizes but i wanted to tell you all that are trying to lose weight its hard, but you can do it , i have only lost 8 pounds doctor wants me to lose 56 more pounds, i am on a very low salt, low fat low coloresteral diet, its going to be a long run but it has to be done Hang in there and good luck
HUGS Dora
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
I'm getting very discouraged I lost 5lbs. the first wk. and nothing since then. I'm tracking what I eat and exercising 30 minutes a day. I want to go have a very fat cheesy pizza. To drown my sorrows.
Just hang in there, it'll come.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

DD hates chicken with bones, as in southern fried chicken. since she wasn't here i made southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes. i was realy good then entire day so i don't think i blew it plus it was fried in olive oil. i know i could have made oven fried chick, i made it last week but it is not the same as the real deal.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by bronald
I'm getting very discouraged I lost 5lbs. the first wk. and nothing since then. I'm tracking what I eat and exercising 30 minutes a day. I want to go have a very fat cheesy pizza. To drown my sorrows.
No don't give in to the fat cheesy pizza. It won't help you at all. I think I know what you sre feeling. I will do good and take a few pounds off and then I will still be doing good and lose nothing. It is just a cycle that we all have to deal with. Just keep up the good work and you will start to see benefits. Besides it is always easiest to lose weight the first week.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 PM

Thanks for all your support. I think I have hit that plateau everyone talks about. I have lost 30 Lbs. since May and I think I went down to low on my calories. I have brought my calories back up to 1249 and am keeping up the exercise. I think my body thought it was starving and slowed down to concerve. I hope I'll start loosing again. It's incouraging to read all of your posts. Keep up the good work.