Weight Watchers

Old 04-10-2011, 12:10 PM

I want to thank you for introducing me to Spark people!!
I find it to be a great website. I belong to WW online, but I will not be renewing when my 3 months is up. I did join Sparkpeople. Thanks again
Old 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM

I love WW. I have lost 25 pounds so far. Tons more to go. I have done online and going to meetings. Meetings work best for me because I feel it keeps me on track having to weigh in every Saturday. When I did online I found myself hiding from the scale on weeks where I knew I had gained.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:25 PM

I am doing weight watchers and have lost 25 pounds since January. I go to the meetings because I need to be accountable. Just online would not work for me. PointsPlus is a great program and I highly recommend it :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2011, 02:26 PM

I was on WW for over a year. I've lost 53 pounds. That being said, I gained weight when the switched to the new Points Plus plan. So I quit and went back to the old points which was obviously working. I'm right now back to my pre-Christmas weight which is 53 pounds down. So I'm not paying anymore but still following the "old" plan.

And I also use http://myfitnesspal.com which is free and still makes me feel accountable.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:28 PM

I planned on joining WW in January and then Broke my ankle, so rather than sit on my butt all winter eating bonbons and expanding I joined WW online. Since February I have lost 16.5 lbs :) I will continue WW online for now, I like the Points calculator and recipe
program that converts your recipes to Points Plus values. My husband has been cooking this whole time and it helps to know how much of something I can eat. I am hoping that once I can be weight bearing (I am just starting) that I will lose the pounds faster than the 1-2 per week, but i am happy with that. I will also look into Sparkpeople. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM

I liked weight watchers but when I tried online I found with my dial up it didn't work. I loose weight when I do the program but right now I have no motivation.
Lynda
Old 04-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Weight Watchers is a great program. It really helps us to tune into eating right and still enjoying things we like to eat or drink. I forget that I must eat to loose weight. If you are not eating right you will NOT loose. It's best to eat something every three hours-fruit, vegies something. You have to keep your system working. Your liquid intake and eating enough protein are all so important specially on this program. I have been a lifetime member for over 27 years. I've done good over the years but now as I'm getting older my body needs to be reshaped or restructured!! We get comfortable when we get older but if you really don't want to be thin at least watch what you eat, eat healthy and get up and move! The goal is 15 min a day that's not much. You'll be amazed how much more you can get done in a day and how much more energy you'll have!! This week I'm increasing to everyday 15 min. I'm so determined! We can do it! We really can. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2011, 06:13 PM

I have always just done the online WW membership. I have done many diets in the past, even lost 50+ pounds doing low carb back in 2002, but the day I started eating carbs again I started gaining it back.

WW works for me because even when I do go off the "diet" the weight doesn't come back nearly as fast. I started back on WW in late February. This time is different for me. I know that to lose the weight and keep it off I have to continue to monitor what I eat and exercise. WW is the only eating plan that I can do for the rest of my life, because I can eat the things I want as long as I do it in moderation.

You should check it out. If is so worth the investment.

PS I get 29 daily points and 49 weekly points, but that is because I want to lose another 45 to 50 pounds.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM

pps - I have lost 18.2 pounds since February, DH has lost about 22 pounds and even my 11 year daughter has lost her little belly. Her only complaint has been "let me guess, we are having chicken for dinner again."
Old 04-11-2011, 03:55 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I was on WW for over a year. I've lost 53 pounds. That being said, I gained weight when the switched to the new Points Plus plan. So I quit and went back to the old points which was obviously working. I'm right now back to my pre-Christmas weight which is 53 pounds down. So I'm not paying anymore but still following the "old" plan.

And I also use http://myfitnesspal.com which is free and still makes me feel accountable.
Same thing happened to me with the new plan, I went back to the old one and started to lose again...the dont like to hear that at meetings....they insist that you arent tracking correct and not giving it enough time....I stopped going to meeting also but follow at home.