Weight Watchers

Old 04-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bmanmommy
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? I am thinking about joining and trying to decide whether to do the meetings or the online version. Any pros/cons of each?

I would never have had any success if I had gone the online route ... I need the accountability of meetings. That being said, I do know of others who have done well, via WW online.

It really depends yourself and your commitment as to how well you can do online and on your own.

It's kind of like doing a correspondence course ... some can follow thru easily. Others are not so successful.

The basic fact is ...
... whether a meetings or online member, WW works if you work the program!

And if you don't ........ well, you know the story! :)
Old 04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Well I filled out all the info and it came back my points for the day was 26 for WW Points Plus. And the other poster is right it's more food then what I was eating! I knew I'd gain weight. I use the calculator and my points are never over 13 a day by regular eating, DH falls about 21. Our meals consist of 80% fresh vegetables or root vegetables, meat and maybe carbs in the form of whole grains. I go the calculator for $8 on Ebay with free shipping. Saved me having to go to a meeting across town. It's a good program if you are over eating now or not eating the right foods. Signing up for three months is a good way to check it out and get on track.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 AM

i joined a couple weeks ago..on line. i find the on line site confusing. i signed up for the 3 month deal. i did it years ago, with the old points. which to me, was easier.
my DIL has been using it, and has seen a steady weight loss..1.5 or 2 pounds per week. she is in the service,and has to keep in shape, she started running every evening.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 AM

I did the meetings for quite some time and then they changed the time of the meeting to one hour later which doesn't always fit into a night workers schedule!! After WW moved the class I did on-line, which works well for some people, but I need the accountability of face to face!! I lost over 25 pounds on WW, but now I am a member of Curves and am doing their weight management program which I have also been successful at.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 AM

I just joined WW last week. I feel I need the accountability of weekly meetings. I have found the new points plus program to make a lot of sense and works well within the lifestyle of my family. I have belonged to Sparkpeople for several years, which is also a great program. I just need to look someone in the eye and have the structure right now! The two programs are very compatible. I have the monthly pass, which is a combination of on-line and meetings.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:09 AM

I have done WW in the past and I have to say that weighing in, in front of a person at meetings, sure keeps me accountable. I did lose...both times I participated but, alas, did not keep it up. I did keep all my materials. At my elem school, we are doing a weight loss challenge...we recieve pts for lbs lost and exercise. I am doing an hour of Zumba fitness three times a week (and absolutely love it) and watching what I eat and I am losing inches and just a few lbs. I am going to pull out my WW materials and try to follow the points system for awhile. That should help with my weight loss goal.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 AM

I also joined WW on line last year and lost 25lbs. Till last oct then I just couldn't keep on track. So i would gain and lose the next five pounds. I just quit WW on line and went back to Calorie counting from About,com its the same as WW only counting calories. It does all the work for you. Tells you how many calories you can have and what the calories of what you have eaten are. I just got bored doing WW. Was time for a change. I am happy to have stayed the same for the last few months .. Shows if you just watch you can maintain. Oh and it helped that I got my new puppy Boomer. I walk him everyday rain or shine.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 AM

someone posted this link on a thread i started a few weeks ago.
http://www.fatsecret.com/

i must of fell off the wagon,( i know i did, it was the pizza's fault!) i gained 1 pound back this week.. :thumbdown:
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
I did WW online a few years ago and it worked for me but the price turned me off. I'm now using www.sparkpeople.com which is free. It has everything WW has as far as tracking nutrition, exercise, weight, recipes. The only difference is that it gives you a calorie range rather than points. I find that easier anyway as you don't have to calculate points.
Just checked out sparkpeople. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 AM

I'm a lifetime member, but I am the world's worst dieter. I think part of it is that I'm too lazy to measure and weigh stuff. currently i am over goal. it really is a good program, I have a couple of friends that have lost over 100lbs. currently I'm on an anti-inflamatory NSAIDS and it's harder to lose while taking meds. I've been on them for 3 years about the same amount of time I've been at WW. I'm pretty much a sugarholic which doesn't help. I haven't given up though b/c I know I'll just go downhill.