Weird Ebay situation

Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM

yup--not the ebay site, but amazon, no less-- i got a reference book in the mail that cost well over $200 when i looked it up. it was on history, and would have been a great find--but i knew how i would have felt if i'd lost it. and, it would have been on my heart and conscience forever! i e-mailed their customer service area, and sent it back to them when i had the return number. and i got two separate thank-yous from them along the way, and a note from the guy who'd ordered it. nice response!!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 AM

I've sold on eBay (though bought a LOT more, lol) and know that mistakes happen. I can't say I've ever had one dishonest seller in all these years and if they have good feedback I'd go ahead and forward the package, though I'd probably wait on my feedback until he reimbursed me. If it was me who messed up I'd appreaciate the gesture.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.
Do you think they were trying to rip her off, or did they make a mistake? Mistakes happen.
I agree that mistakes happen AND THE SELLER has told her she would pay return shipping so why would you report her ????????
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.
Do you think they were trying to rip her off, or did they make a mistake? Mistakes happen.
I believe it was a mistake, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten the item she ordered!! Whoa, honeybee.....read the entire post...no need to report an honest mistake.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 PM

My DH received an item he didn't order and contacted the seller. The guy said he would e-mail a shipping label to have it returned, but never did. We've contacted him a couple o times but he never follows thru. So we ended up just keeping it
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Murphy's Law. It happens. Rolling with the punches works best for me....
Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.

Any other weird ebay buys out there?

No, I haven't had but two orders on e-bay, but THANK you for being so honest. Your honesty will help all other shoppers and sellers in the future.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.

Any other weird ebay buys out there?
Maybe you got my box! I didn't get my items this week- and I had ordered quite a bit. The seller insists she sent them (but no tracking or confirmation # or anything).
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM

I ordered a beautiful faucet from Costco Online for my Mom's bathroom, and it arrived after a few days. Three days later I received a second identical one...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
I ordered a beautiful faucet from Costco Online for my Mom's bathroom, and it arrived after a few days. Three days later I received a second identical one...
So what did you do? We ordered something once, and the vendor sent three instead. We contacted him, and he didn't want the bother of us returnng them, so we were to just keep them. The part that annoyed me is that then my husband sent the money to cover the items, since he felt "guilty" keeping them without paying. But I was annoyed at having to pay for something we didn't order. Water under the bridge now....