Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Westminster - your favorite? >

Westminster - your favorite?

Westminster - your favorite?

Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Would that be a schnauzer?

We like the small dogs with all the fluffy, silky hair...not the Pekinese, but the others.
Yes, that's the one! I just love the look of these dogs.
Thank you, coopah.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM

Dobermans, but as we breed Rat Terriers they are my favorite breed, not a hyper as Jack Russell, look alot like toy fox and most loving dogs going.[ATTACH=CONFIG]394985[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p2090387.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
.....some of the female handlers should really look at themselves in the mirror before they come on national tv.....oh my, is all I can say.......

Oh, Geri! I know exactly what you are saying! ;-)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Well, it is over, I could not watch in real time, but I have DVRed it, so I will watch it. In the meantime, thru the trailer on ther local news show, I know who the Winner is. I am glad it is a "real" dog. I really get upset with what they do to the poodles, and that horrible thing that is done to the winner of last year (forgot what the breed is called) I am surprised that the animal protection group does not complain........that is not how most of those "hairy" dogs should look!!!!! I did see the Portuguese Water Dog--OMG,,,,they had it looking like a poodle with a bare behind---totally disgusting in my estimation.
Another thing about the WKDS.....some of the female handlers should really look at themselves in the mirror before they come on national tv.....oh my, is all I can say.......
The poodle cut has a "function" of the breed. I am sure that AKC would not stand for cuts that are not appropriate to the breed.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM

We love the Kerry Blue which won the best in the terrier group. We have had a few of them and they're wonderful, plus they don't shed.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Can you guess?
Same here wanda lou. Guess mine. Although, I also love Boxers amd French Bulldogs. Love the flat face.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
The poodle cut has a "function" of the breed. I am sure that AKC would not stand for cuts that are not appropriate to the breed.
The purpose of the "poodle" cut is to keep the joints warm when the dogs go into the water after birds. The French Poodle was originally a hunting dog. The pom pom on his tail was the help the hunter see the dog. May look silly to some, but it's purpose was very useful.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Can you guess?
I Love the German Shepherds too. I have one now and wish for another. really great and smart dogs they are.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM

Pugs, pugs, pugs! They are love on legs.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM

I'm a cat lover-and our two cats know it. My husband is a dog lover, but tolerated our cats. Now that he's retired, I thought he'd like the company of a dog. Saw a quilter friend at Joann's with her quiet dog in the cart and sort of thought I'd like to look into that for DH. He found an ad in the paper and we went to see. The owner was in a walker, his house was...... The kennels were a little better. With the help of DD M-I-L, we rescued all 8. My friend took 1, we took 2 and rest went the the dog rescue, breed specific shelter. They're not quiet. They jump all over & are still getting better with people. They're mini American Eskimo. 10-12 lbs. Smart and sweet. Maybe I like dogs afterall.