Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What can be done for a swollen/broken foot? >

What can be done for a swollen/broken foot?

What can be done for a swollen/broken foot?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM

My son was stepped on playing basketball at school. Coach said he was alright and sent him to finish out the day. He rode the bus home, and walked up a steep hill. I took one look at him and called the dr. It wasn't broken, but it did swell tp 3-4 times normal size. He spent the next 2 week on crutches. His foot turned every shade of black and purple, yellow and green. It was an ugly, painfull sight. Hurt just to look at. The next day I gave the coach an ear full. Coach apoligized right and left, but there was no excuse for me not being called either by the coach or my son. Coach was surprised to see him come to class on crutches too. No school nurse, budget cuts turned the position into a part time job.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by momymom
My son was stepped on playing basketball at school. Coach said he was alright and sent him to finish out the day. He rode the bus home, and walked up a steep hill. I took one look at him and called the dr. It wasn't broken, but it did swell tp 3-4 times normal size. He spent the next 2 week on crutches. His foot turned every shade of black and purple, yellow and green. It was an ugly, painfull sight. Hurt just to look at. The next day I gave the coach an ear full. Coach apoligized right and left, but there was no excuse for me not being called either by the coach or my son. Coach was surprised to see him come to class on crutches too. No school nurse, budget cuts turned the position into a part time job.
My local high school shares the nurse between the Middle and High school... and then there is a seperate nurse for the two elementary schools.