Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you do on this beautiful day????? >

What did you do on this beautiful day?????

What did you do on this beautiful day?????

Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM

Two loads of laundary. Picked up walnuts. Burnt two small brush piles. Pruned the Rose of Sharon bushes. Watered hostas and petunias. Now I am headed to the basement to quilt a little while before bedtime.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 PM

yes it was a truly beautiful day!! I went to a quilt show, mourned the Reds blowing the Phillies game last nite. Watched Ohio State beat the snot out of Indiana, enjoyed SC beat Alabama - leaving Ohio State #1, and having a heart attack watching KY & Auburn...

Can you tell I like college football?!?!?! :lol:

i did make lots of progress on my quilt watching all this football!!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Took a day trip with my DH to the mountains. I just love the mountains. My dream is to live there someday. Oh well, I guess I will just be happy where I am.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 PM

I went to a crazy quilt guild this AM then to a quilt show at a church where Edyta Sitar was speaking and showing her beautiful quilts. My husband and I later baby sat our beautiful almost 8 month old granddaughter--we took her out for a couple of walks. The sunset was just gorgeous!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM

After my Dh did some caulking on the sliding patio doors we went to the Fall Foliage festival and walked around for awhile. Watched my friends booth while she got some food and took a slight break then back home to take some pain pills cause the walking absolutly tore my back up.

So good to see a lil one playing with something other than a video game or the tv!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Cool for little man, :) do you have any spoons in the house or like when we were little could only eat w/forks, all spoons somewhere out in the yard :)

Weather here is Great afetr a sprinkle of rain to settle the dust, went for a drive and worked with some folks with the Linus program, visited with my neice from Tennessee, and need to start a King size in teals, have the fabrics still trying to figure out what pattern, what the heck i'll ask you all. watch for a post:)
He used to use my spoons but then decided a small plastic shovel was better. My 2 older ones when they were little they always stole my spoons, I would find them in the yard all the time.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:19 AM

Pulled out 3 Sulo - bins full of thistles. I am sure that each tuber root was as thick as my arm!Now I'm on the massage couch - us old girls can over - do it at times...
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 AM

I pulled up a lounge chair and sat in the sun while crocheting and I got my shoulder burnt! Darn it!! Love your photo of the little one.A typical little boy!! He is so cute!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:10 AM

Day before yesterday I was busy raking leaves, sucking them up into the Blower/Vac, bagging that, mowing the lawn, bagging that, loading up the van and then helping a neighbor load up our van with his leaves and branches. Yesterday I nursed an excrutiatingly painful hexenschus in my back. I couldn't take a step without wincing the wince of all winces!!!!! I brought out the tape player, threw in a good book (audio book), got out my thread (the spool that the dog decided to play with (an $8.00 spool of #40 thread for hand quilting) and sat outside in the most beautiful day and hand quilted. The neighbor came over with a bottle of Three Buck Chuck Chardonnay and we sat and visited and had a glass of the best darn wine - aka Charles Shaw - purchased at Trader Joe's! Actually, I had 1-1/2 glasses and she gave me the rest of the bottle - hey nice way to cap off a day, eh?. Well, by the time it was time to go in for dinner (which I never fixed) my back felt really good. I took the dog for a walk and locked up the house, made a sandwich for my husband and me and called it a night! That was my day yesterday. Another beautiful day today - 79*. Think I'll run over to the store and get some RediWhip and make a pumpkin pie for dessert. And that was my day!!!!!! Edie

PS - A Hexenschus is a German word for a miserably sore back - sort of the sciatic pain, mixed with "What in the world behooved you to do that much in one day? (You're an old lady, for crying out loud!" Usually takes about three days to get rid of, but in the meantime, it hurts to stand, sit and you get these god-awful spasms in your back. Thank heaven it feels better today. But not that good that I can't sit outside with my book, my hand quilting and the rest of that bottle of wine!!!!!!! for one more day!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:02 AM

I spent most of yesterday just sewing on some sunbonnets for a kids' camp. Finished up one & got another one halfway done. I poked around on the dishwasher before deciding that it would be easier to replace it, especially since it's a "cheap" model.

Today I will hand-wash dishes, price out a dishwasher at Home Depot, and work on that sunbonnet. If I get it done, then I will reward myself with some Warcraft time. :-D