Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you do with your wedding dress? >

What did you do with your wedding dress?

What did you do with your wedding dress?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

Boy, have I lead a dull life!
:)

LMAO!!! Me too!!
:lol: :lol:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:32 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I also have to say "Which One?" URGGGHHH!!! First one didn't take..divorced after 3 months. Second one died on me after 13 years of marriage. That dress is now owned by our daughter, it was not specifically a wedding dress..she wore it a couple of times to fancy events. Third one is the charm, and that dress is in my closet .. we dressed in Hawaiian print clothing and married in our backyard. I haven't tried it on in a few years, since I gained 45 pounds!! :-(
Old 05-27-2010, 01:36 PM

My first one I had kept for my daughter when she married, but she told me it would only look good on... When I asked on what, she said, "on fire!" Needless to say I pitched it. (As well as the first P.O.S. husband) My second dress is in a box, I would love to make a memory quilt out of it, but it's heavy satin and when it starts to fray, I'll just shove it back in the box. :)
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM

So glad I'm not alone in the "Which one?" department. The stories are too funny, but I know the heartbreak behind every one of them. Ok, so my first one is in a garment bag in the cedar closet. Had 3 daughters and thought one of them might want to wear it but don't think that's gonna happen. Second one I loaned to someone and never saw again. Third one was a nice dress but not a wedding dress. My mom asked if she could have it because she wanted to be buried in it!!!! Mom's still alive but the marriage died a miserable death after 14 years. Number 4 is a true winner. Dress is in my closet and hubby is here to stay! Finally!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM

Don't have one! We eloped. Traveled from California to New York and I didn't know anyone except my husband. The justice of the peace wouldn't marry us because all I had was a photocopy of my birth certificate and I only looked 16. So we got married by the Court Judge on a Monday morning!

We met on June 17th and were married on August 7th, That was almost 38 years ago!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

I gave it to SIL, and she wore it to hers!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM

My wedding dress was all muslin and I wore flowers in my hair. The year--1974. Years ago one of my then teenage daughters wore the dress in a video she made for an english class. She played Mrs. Santa Claus! The dress is hanging in a closet in one of the spare bedrooms. Wish it still fit. sigh.... It was a cute dress.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 PM

Well my dress was in a plastic wedding zipper bag up until last spring when I got some of those dress bags and such that you vaccum out the air and store in. It will not be worn by my daughter *if she gets married* one reason she is larger than I was at the time I was married, second reason, she would not like it probably. It is a simple A-line empire look.. White with lace overlay down the front and a lovely train. My head piece was worn by a good friend and was burnt up in a fire before she ever gave it back! I am not sure what I will do with it.. maybe decide to make something from it.. I was married July 13th, 1968. So it is OLD! lol Not me though hehehehehe
Old 05-27-2010, 03:02 PM

I was married back in August and my dress is currently hanging in the closet. If I can talk my hubby into dressing up one more time we are going to do a photoshoot in them called "Trash the Dress." It is suppose to symbolize that you will never need it again. People have gone mud riding, paintballing, or different things like that. Being a photographer, I have not had the opportunity to do a photoshoot of this yet but I would LOVE to!!!

Since we were married on a pier on the beach in South Alabama I am really hoping to talk him into doing pictures in the water or something of that nature . . . I dunno . . . .

Me and my dear hubby!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74420[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74415.jpe  
Old 05-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Hanging in the closet in a plastic bag....