Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do for the Big M? >

What do you do for the Big M?

What do you do for the Big M?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi, Surgical menopause 41 yrs ago and have been on Premarin since then. started with the highest dose ..currently on the lowest. I have tried to stop using the meds altogether but the nightsweats and mood swings are just too much for me at 71.
You are supposed to be helpful and tell me that this s..t will go away! At almost 54 the hot flashes and night sweats are more than just a bother.
I have to laugh when I recall a time while I was still working. My boss and I were bending over a paper on his desk when I started dripping on the page! I think he was more embarrassed than me....(talk about sweats ANY TIME!)
Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 AM

I'll be 54 next month and still no symptoms. I will be so happy to be rid of my monthly periods and the backaches and tiredness that goes along with them... but definitely NOT wanting any of the rest of it.... I've made my mind up that I am just NOT going to have these symptoms!! hahaha!!! (Like THAT will work, huh?!!)
Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55
M meaning Menopause.

I know the symptoms. LOL But I would like to know what do you take that you find works?

Currently I take Bio Identical Hormones and am thinking of changing.

Thanks ladies for your comments.
Enjoy it! You are entering a new phase of life that will free you from lots of annoyances. froggyintexas
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM

I have been taking Estovan for years, but after reading this I might go back to soy. While I don't have flashes during the day, I have at least one a night, but not to the dripping stage. If that doesn't work add the Flax & Black and see what happens.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM

I am an "odd duck". I used to freeze all the time. Now at this age, I am just confortable. NO hot flashes, no sweating, etc. I was on infertility drugs for years and that may have altered me.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:32 AM

I have found that eating green olives relieves alot of the hot flashes and other issues that come along with this. They are natures form of estrogen.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
I'll be 54 next month and still no symptoms. I will be so happy to be rid of my monthly periods and the backaches and tiredness that goes along with them... but definitely NOT wanting any of the rest of it.... I've made my mind up that I am just NOT going to have these symptoms!! hahaha!!! (Like THAT will work, huh?!!)
It will work better than anticipating the worst that can happen! Menopause is a natural phase of feminine life and having women go on and on and on about it, just as some do about PMS, gives men an excuse to believe women are not fit to be in leadership roles. Come on, women! Gut it up! froggyintexas
Old 08-06-2011, 12:17 PM

eat lots of lentils..........google it
Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Medical reasons caused me to have a hysterectomy. Since I normally don't take pills for anything, it was hard to remember them. So my doc prescribed me ester gel that I rub in at night on my arm. Been doing this for a couple of years now, with no night sweats or mood swings.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 PM

I take low dose estrogen (the very lowest)and have mild hot flashes but I started taking something for my eyes that my Dr. recommended (otc)that had flax seed oil. The other day I heard on TV that flaxseed oil helped with M syptoms.Then a light came on===I have not had any hot flashes in a while.
Flaxseed oil!! I told my sister who is unable to take estrogen since her brest cancer surgery and has a real bad time with hot flashes. She told me this week that she had been taking flaxseed oil cap. and it sure was helping her.

Bdor