What do you do to relax?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM

I look at my fabrics and daydream. I look for new jokes and funny stories. I spend time here with my quilting sisters,(and brothers).
I watch a movie or read. A little television each night. Sometimes DH and I play Scrabble. :-D
Old 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

I read a lot when i can and i get on this forum.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM

spring, summer and fall, I am outside either gardening or relaxing with a glass of wine. Mostly quilt on Sat and Sun afternoons. In the winter I'm on here alot, Bake/cook, like to read mysterys and watch a little TV. Usually get a couple wine kits going...dry whites
Old 01-15-2011, 01:58 PM

I have a variety of relaxations...some of which sound like work, but because they're different, actually do the trick. If the weather is not too hot or too cold I like cutting back underbrush, trimming trees, burning brush, etc. Otherwise I can be found on this board, quilting (duh!), snuggled up with a good book, sunk in bubbles in my big ole tub, playing single player strategy games on my laptop or Sudoku on my Blackberry or doing something with DGS.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
I cuddle with my dogs! They are a great comfort to me. I love the board and I too have learned a lot from all these wonderful people on here!! I have been working 12-14 hours a day so I have to "squeeze" in relax time. So when I get home I usually take the dogs for a short walk, grab a cup of tea,a sandwich and my laptop and read what everyone is up to. On weekends I like to spend time with the grandkids and sew. I did take all next week off so I am officially on vacation right now! Woo Hoo!!! So my relaxing will consist of a LOT of quilting stuff!!! I will have to check out that website because I do enjoy work games too!!
That is so cool. Love to have you come and play with me sometime.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Listening to quiet music while I sew - add a cup of hot tea and I'm set.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Up North
To relax it is a bubble bath and a good book or a glass of wine and the hot tub.
That sounds divine, except for the "or" in front of the wine. Unfortunately, I have to behave in that department because of medications and one thing I won't do to my liver is mix poisons.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by greensleeves
Read here, read books, play my computer games, listen to music, sit outside and enjoy nicer weather, enjoy cards and trivia games but like Airwick-don't like monopoly. I don't think I've ever succeeded in that game but will play if my grands need another player.
Ill have to tell you a story about Monopoly. I really do hate that game.
Anyways, my sister and her daughter who was 7 came to my house when we lived on the Oregon Coast. Well she wanted to play monopoly and as a good Aunt, I played with her and there were 3 other adults playing with her and at first it was fun but then the game dragged on and on and on. So shhhhh dont tell her but us adults started putting some of our money back into the "bank" so that we could end the game. Not all at once, but a little here and a little there and it was still taking us forever to end that game. Anyways she got up to go to the bathroom and that was our chance so we all put almost all our money back into the bank, acted as if nothing happened and she came back none the wiser and eventually about a half hour later the game ended..And YES she did win. That entire game lasted almost 5 hours...way to long to play Monopoly. lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:14 PM

I loveeeee scrabble. I used to play online scrabble on MIRC years and years ago. But not anymore. I think thats why I like playing Mumbo Jumbo so much. :)
Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Same as many of you here: read cozy mysteries, cook for fun (not under pressure) take hot baths, sew, knit, nap sometimes, read the info here, just about making anything with my hands relaxes me...amazingly enough, shoveling last week really relaxed me. Good thing, we may have more snow!