What do you do when....

Old 05-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KSue
your kids complain about all of the fabric I have. I honestly don't have that much fabric. I mean compared to some of the stashes I have seen here. It makes me want to just get rid of all of it and say ---okay it's all gone, now you don't have to keep preaching about it. I just don't know why my kids can't let me happy in my own little world. Just a thought!
Tell them you have a life too and this is your hobby!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 AM

Mine probably think I am crazy but I could care less. They do things I wouldn't enjoy. I love my stash which is really large but I simply love it and love deciding what to do next! Don't let anyone take away what you enjoy.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
Your kids bug you about your fabric because you allow them to. You shouldn't have to defend your desire to do what makes you happy to your children. Rather than discourage you, they should be bringing you bags of cotton clothing and gift certificates to Joann's and Hancock. Tell them you intend to maintain as much fabric as you want, and if they have a problem with your choice they are to keep it to themselves. Your language can be as "salty" as your personality allows. If you're not comfortable using "explatives" show them a copy of this post. "GET THE H... OFF MY CASE ABOUT THIS D... FABRIC, I'LL HAVE AS MUCH AS I LIKE. YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I'M NOT IN A HOME SUCKING OATMEAL AND DRIBBLING PUDDING. THE NEXT ONE THAT SAYS ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY FABRIC IS OUT OF THE WILL AND YOUR PORTION OF THE ESTATE GOES TO THE AMERICAN QUILTING ASSOCIATION. I LOVE YOU, NOW GO AWAY".
Or you can call me. I have no problem with salt.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:15 PM

No one in my family will say a word anymore, I tell them it's none of their buisness and if they don't like it, there's the door, and i hope it doesn't hit them in the rear on the way out. Every time one moved out, I always had to put up with their stuff taking up space in my home until they "could find themselves" I didn't know they were lost. They have been grown and gone for awhile and they still try to say something, I told them don't bother coming over if you have something negative to say.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:03 PM

your kids complain about all of the fabric I have. I honestly don't have that much fabric. I mean compared to some of the stashes I have seen here. It makes me want to just get rid of all of it and say ---okay it's all gone, now you don't have to keep preaching about it. I just don't know why my kids can't let me happy in my own little world. Just a thought!

I'm with you... My kids and husband complain too but I don't have but 5 rubbermaid totes. I use out of my "stash" for all of them but yet they still complain. I tell them I'm NOT getting rid of my fabric.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
What age are the kids? Old enough to know better????
Of course they are old enough to know better. My "baby" just turned 32 a few days ago. Oldest is almost 36 and middle one is 34.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
What age are the kids? Old enough to know better????
Of course they are old enough to know better. My "baby" just turned 32 a few days ago. Oldest is almost 36 and middle one is 34.
Clearly old enough to know better! Hopefully you can point them in the direction of this post and they will get the message.

When they are paying your bills for you then they can have a say - until then - they can just zip it!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
tell them you didn't realize you raised a bunch of whiners
I like this response!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Buttons922
Sweet Lady, As long as you are Happy in your world (mine too) then dont let ANYONE tell you different. Maybe they are jealous that you are spending their inheritance. Just kidding. I told my kids along time ago, it was my goal to leave them a quilt with no money. So far I am right on track.

Ah ha!!! You just gave me an idea. I have always told my kids that after I die they might want to look through my books because I sometimes hide money in there. anyway what a hoot it would be if I took out all of the money and put a note in there that read "spent the money on more fabric, ha ha no moola for you)
Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Ah ha!!! You just gave me an idea. I have always told my kids that after I die they might want to look through my books because I sometimes hide money in there. anyway what a hoot it would be if I took out all of the money and put a note in there that read "spent the money on more fabric, ha ha no moola for you.

Love this!!!!

I'm sorry they are giving you trouble. Kids! Lov'em, but sometimes they drive you crazy!!!