What do you want?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:13 AM

We have not done Christmas gifts for adults in our family for years. I only buy gifts for people I have given birth to and tell them they get knocked off the list as soon as they add a grandchild to the list. Everyone in our family is fortunate enough not to need anything for Christmas and we are so scattered around the country gift giving just got to be a major pain.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Banned

Star, PM me with your address, and you will get a card from me also.
Funny, but my most favorite thing to do is hand write letters. I get up early Sunday morning, pot of coffee, pad of paper, all kinds of ink pens, my cigrarettes-I know, I know, I'm trying to stop, but it's not easy. Sometimes I sit almost all Sunday morning and do nothing but write letters. {Some call them "mini-books} but I just love it. And I just write like I ws talking to them in person, ust telling them what I have been doing, whats going on at my little corner of the world, nothing special. I use to have one or two that would write back to me, but now they just get on the phone instead. It's sad that writting a letter, is a dying thing nowadays. Everything is electrictronic.
I will look for your PM and anyoe else that would like a card from me, just send your addy via PM to me. You might even get a mini-book too, one never knows............lol
Bev
tarbender30
Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Banned

By the way, since I have no family anymore, I try to help out the Humane Society by making blanket for the poor animals that are stuck there with no one to love them or care for them. Especially at this time of year.
Happy Turkey Day to all of you wonderful people.
God Bless each and ever one of you. You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bev
Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 AM

I just ask for fabric or gift certs to the fabric store so I can make people gifts. I haven't had a real gift in 10 years or more except from mom who instists on giving me a sweater. Everything else is stuff so I can make people stuff.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:05 AM

All I ever really want is for my Children and Grandchildren to all crowd in and get along. This year I will add wanting a job too. Surprise me with a bottle of bubble bath and I will smile all the way to the tub!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by MissTreated
I want to be remembered. All I ask is some small token from my DH to tell me he is thinking of me and can make an effort on my behalf. It's been awhile and it doesn't take much to make me happy. Even a card would do it!
Some men just don't get it, huh???

Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 AM

I do NOT what a pair of fuzzy slippers (My hubby can't get slippers right! LOL or any more musical cocker spaniels.
Those were the two worst gifts ever!! (Funny now tho)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Well, right now I want NO relatives for Christmas. Family or not, keep them away from me. Some always ruin the holidays. :roll:
Old 11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

To stay more or less sane -

Old 11-23-2009, 06:32 AM

I'm so freakin' broke, I just want Christmas to be over!
We really don't NEED any more 'stuff'.
However, included in the things I really don't need but want are gift certificates to the 3D ultrasound lab, and the Beatles Rock Band game for x-box... I know it's lame, but those games are fun!