What do you want?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

It's not lame. When I start playing those games I just can't stop. They are so much fun.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 AM

I wish to sleep through the holidays. It is hard to explain a 7 year old that Christmas is not going to be big this year when his response is that Santa will make it big, like he always do. It shouldn't matter if I have a job or not. Is a good thing I never allowed them to make a list. They always get what I feel is fit for them every year, and this year it will not be much.

Maria
Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
I wish to sleep through the holidays. It is hard to explain a 7 year old that Christmas is not going to be big this year when his response is that Santa will make it big, like he always do. It shouldn't matter if I have a job or not. Is a good thing I never allowed them to make a list. They always get what I feel is fit for them every year, and this year it will not be much.

Maria
Please tell us the age and sex of all your children -- maybe there are some "quilt angels" out there who would like to help..... :D

Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 AM

Sewjoyce - count me in on that too.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 AM

I only want our pain to stop. God knows.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
I only want our pain to stop. God knows.
I hope it does for you, too. ((Hugs)) - if you want them.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Hugs are always welcome. They help. Knowing that so many people are sending positive thoughts our way is great.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maride
Hugs are always welcome. They help. Knowing that so many people are sending positive thoughts our way is great.

Thanks!
There actually are some people that are very uncomfortable being hugged.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 AM

I'm with you gals, really don't NEED anything but gift cards to Joann's and not so local quilt shops are always welcomed. I make a lot of charity quilts and pillowcases and having a supply of fabrics would be nice.

What I really want is an electric pencil sharpener. My family has ignored this request for years. I like to use very sharp pointed pencils and hate going all the way out to the garage to sharpen them in our old hand turned sharpener, and you know what, it really doesn't do a good job. May in Jersey
Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I'm with you gals, really don't NEED anything but gift cards to Joann's and not so local quilt shops are always welcomed. I make a lot of charity quilts and pillowcases and having a supply of fabrics would be nice.

What I really want is an electric pencil sharpener. My family has ignored this request for years. I like to use very sharp pointed pencils and hate going all the way out to the garage to sharpen them in our old hand turned sharpener, and you know what, it really doesn't do a good job. May in Jersey
Isn't it funny the simple things that would make us happy??? I'm always telling hubby and my daughter that I would LOVE to get a gift certificate from my LQS -- but it hasn't happened yet. In fact my daughter said, "I'm not getting you a gift certificate. That's like I don't care." She doesn't get it... :D